2009 Tank Awards (Year in Review)

NJTank

Kudos to you for naming Jimmie Johnson "Star Of The Year." It's nice to see you giving NASCAR some props. I enjoyed reading your awards. Nice job. I thought you did a good job on the whole thing. Fun stuff.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I have to dispute your "worst dressed" award selection.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it too late to mention that Chip Caray's still broadcasting Braves games, but now for the FSN/SportSouth side?

He's not that bad a broadcaster.

Compared to his grandfather and father its not even close, he is a bad copy. He just makes to many errors to me

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is it too late to mention that Chip Caray's still broadcasting Braves games, but now for the FSN/SportSouth side?

Compared to his grandfather and father its not even close, he is a bad copy. He just makes to many errors to me

What would you name worst dressed?

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

You make "to many errors" in your posts.

How many broadcasters can you name that make perfect broadcasts each and every time they step to the mic?

I have to address your "Worst Team" selection, as the "Natinals" were bad last year, however, not as currently bad as the 2009-10 Nets.

Also some edits:

The Great 8, Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals, who has become hockey's ultimate highlight reel, is shown here celebrating his performance at the 2009 NHL All-Star Skills Competition in Montreal. He is known for his tenacity on offense as well as his goal celebrations, which at times anger opponents, but all in all, he is hockey's complete player.

Who won the Tanky for biggest choke or collapse?

For once, I don't think the Mets are eligible.

The Detroit Tigers.

However, Tnak found a way to mention his teams/players in his awardings....

The Mets won the "Bust of the Year", edging out Selma Hayek.

David Wright won the "Great Gazoo Award" for wearing that extra-powerful batting helmet.

Martin Brodeur won the "Great One Award" for setting NHL records in wins, shutouts, and games.

I have to address your "Worst Team" selection, as the "Natinals" were bad last year, however, not as currently bad as the 2009-10 Nets.

Also some edits:

The Great 8, Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals, who has become hockey's ultimate highlight reel, is shown here celebrating his performance at the 2009 NHL All-Star Skills Competition in Montreal. He is known for his tenacity on offense as well as his goal celebrations, which at times anger opponents, but all in all, he is hockey's complete player.

I thought about the Nets, but their season is not complete yet. Perhaps next year they will be named worst team if they approach 9-73.

I am not saying Ovechkin is not a great player, I think he is the best player in the NHL, he is just a hot dog.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

How many broadcasters can you name that make perfect broadcasts each and every time they step to the mic?

Vin Scully. Ernie Harwell. That's it.

Did you somehow forget about these two?

chad_johnson.jpgNew+England+Patriots+v+Buffalo+Bills+P-nW-jGAklIl.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I'm assuming that this was for me...

I'm going to have to think about it - I can't remember everything that was unveiled in '09. I am a fan of the Seahawks green though. I know I'm in the minority, but I thought it was great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kudos to you for naming Jimmie Johnson "Star Of The Year." It's nice to see you giving NASCAR some props. I enjoyed reading your awards. Nice job. I thought you did a good job on the whole thing. Fun stuff.

Too bad Johnson's legacy is stained with the cheater label.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Bold NASCAR move indeed. Too bad most who follow sports as a whole wouldn't be able to pick the guy's mugshot out of a linuep.

6uXNWAo.png

Where to start! (Hopefully mostly in a good humored way :grin: )

First off without Henry's goal, the France vs Ireland World Cup qualifier would have gone to a penalty shoot out, rather than Ireland qualifying. (France had won the first leg 1-0, the score before Henry's goal was 1-0 to the Irish)

Is it fair to call an injury plagued team 'Bust of the year'? Surely a team that has just played badly, for no real reason, might be a better fit? Or a player who, without much reason just done nothing?

Seems odd to me to laud Ovechkin for his 'goal scoring celebrations' whilst beating up on Ochocinco for his?

It seems odd to me that the awards for the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers are based mostly on the 2008 regular season. Its hard to say that the Steelers are the 'Team of the Year' based on there 2009 regular season effort!

(Obviously mostly thats all a matter of opinion mind!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived