New Boise State helmet logo

rcb05

I've never liked Boise State's use of the combined wordmark/logo on their helmet. However I always accepted it as necessary because if you didn't put "Boise State" on there then nobody would know who they were. However I'd venture to say that is no longer the case. Pretty much everyone can recognize them on uniform alone. With that in mind, I came up with this concept. I took their current Bronco logo and just removed the wordmark and finished out the bottom.

The biggest issue is that it closely resembles Denver, but they're a team dressed in blue and orange named the Broncos, so that may be kind of inevitable. I also think the logo sans-wordmark may need a bit more white added so you don't lose it in the helmet. Sorry for the semi-crude photoshop, but it was the best I could manage.

4252346272_8f00dc8b47_o.jpg

C+C always welcome.

I like it. I like that its not too cluttered on the helmet. Are there any stripes on the helmet? Maybe blue face mask? What about flipping the colors? Orange horse with white outline, blue eyes and teeth?

Well done. I like it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

i think the logo is perfect for the team, but the coloring is tricky. I don't think the orange is the BEST look... but i think it "fits" with the Boise State mentality. They have the hideous blue field... the all blue uniforms with the modern style stripes. Keeping that in mind... i think the orange horse would actually work well with it.

i guess i would have to see how it looks with the entire uniform and the different combination of the pants and jerseys. Still, i think the horse logo fits very nicely.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The orange horse really didn't work, so I've gone back to the blue. But I also realized today that Boise actally has gray facemasks now, so I created a concept with the gray mask, which is now my favorite. I also created versions with orange and blue masks, as some had wanted to see.

4257026569_f0b6f0cf53_o.jpg

4257026505_2192a13897_o.jpg

4257026539_73755ef3a9_o.jpg

I think it would look cool to do a concept with the mane of the horse running through the center of the helmet, maybe you can even add in the white eyes. Just another idea, a little untraditional I guess but it would be interesting if it were pulled off.

Tf9TG.jpg

• 10 months later...

Archived