CJworks

My (Personal) Football League Redesign

Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate it, since I haven't gotten so many :P

Chuck, you mind pointing out some of those parts that need fixing?

Some of the edges where colors meet in the Knights' primary need fixing. Most noticeable problem is in the 's' of the Bandits' script. Also, where the knot in the bandanna on the Bandits' primary is, there is a stray line of orange in the black. These are just the ones I saw.

Nice designs.

For New Orleans: Crawdads.

For New York: Gargoyles.

For Detroit: Spiders.

For Milwaukee: Stags.

For Tennessee: Hounds.

For St. Louis: Archers.

I like three of the four teams that have been done. The only team that I cannot warm up to is Cleveland. The logo is great, but I just feel that something is missing when it comes to the uniforms. Perhaps diagonal lines similar to what you did for Florida. Here are some for teams:

New Orleans: Fire

New York: Hitmen

Detroit: Chargers

Tennessee: Rhythym

St. Louis: Scorpions

Minnesota: Blizzard

Milwaukee/Green Bay: Freeze

Thanks for the comments.

Chuck: I tryed to touch up on the logos of the Knights and Bandits, I'll have them uploaded after school.

Limerick: I knew something was missing, I just couldn't point it out. I'll update the Bandits later today.

And also, thanks for the name suggestions, guys. Keep 'em coming!

yeah it kinda looks like the Bandits are just a pallet swap of the Knights. When i hear Bandits i think of a Devil may care, throw caution to wind. The Bandits here just seem too reserved and conservative.

Ooo. Now that I look back at it they are kind of similar. I'll get back to it ina bit.

Aw, much better C Jay Z. I just think that adding those gold lines really improves the uniform and takes it out of the mundane. Nice work.

Limerick

yeah i still can't approve of the colors and numbers, but the design is a lot better. breaks it up from the Knights quite nicely.

i was thinking for another uniform idea just thin piping around the whole jersey and pants... kinda like the Atlanta Falcons uniforms, just not the feathers on the shoulders. same with the Texas Tech too.

New Orleans: Armada, Derricks, Oilers

New York: Emporers, Monarchs

Detroit: Iron Horses, Devils

Tennessee: Swingers, Rebels

St. Louis: Archers, Aeros, Rivermen

Minnesota: Lakers, Kodiaks, Wolverines

Milwaukee: Stags, Harts

Alright thanks a ton guys. I'll have the Lightning up this weekend if I have time.

BTW, since it's been a popular suggestion (and it's really catching on to me), I'm going with the name Rivermen for St.Louis

My Alternate suggestions for the other New York team would be Generals, Americans, and Dutchmen.

Here are some of my name suggestions:

Atlanta Talons

Baltimore Admirals

Boston Shamrocks

Buffalo Beasts

Chicago Sentinels

Cincinnati Rivermen

Cleveland Bulldogs

Denver Mountaineers

Detroit Mechanics

Los Angeles Moguls

Milwaukee Barons

Minnesota Marauders

New Orleans Harlequins

New York Gothams

Philadelphia Brawlers

Phoenix Scorpions

Pittsburgh Iron Men

San Francisco Seals

Seattle Steelheads

Washington Federals

Hey guys

I've decided to bump down the New York Lightning a few so I can work with it a little more. With that said, I'll have the Dakota Rhinos up next.

Here it is guys.

#5 Dakota Rhinos

Up Next: #6 Chicago Dragons

rhinoREVO1-1.png

This time around, my goal was to strengthen the logo package, but at the same time keep the same identity. However, the smiling rhino is no longer, it's replaced be the new primary: a charging two-tone rhino head in gray. The 'D' logo has remained, but I got rid of the red from this particular logo, to match the primary's outlining. The script is where I had my trouble, a two-toned 'Rhinos' in gray, which is not final. The entire logo set is still a little off to me with the absence or red, but I think the rhino head looks better on the helmet with a gray outline instead.

Home

rhinohome2-2.png

Away

rhinoaway2-1.png

Alternate

rhinoalternate2-1.png

Throwback Unis (in chronological order from oldest to newest)

1, 2, 3, 4

**UPDATED 6-19-10**

I look forward to this series. The colour scheme looks good and I love the rhino logo. The third uniforms almost have that Houston Texans look, but that's cool.

Thanks. I dunno, something about the Rhino looks off to me, though. I can't point it out. Does the mouth look alright?

I actually really like the Rhinos. The colors are nice and well incorporated. The logos are pretty nice as well. I think you need to go back and standardize the highlights on the rhino and the line widths, especially the outlines. But I really like the look and semi-cartoony style. The D logo is very nice as a secondary. My only complaint on the uniforms is the big thick white collar, when there is no white in the striping anywhere else (not counting the names and numbers). It just seems clunky and misplaced. I'd make it a different color, and maybe consider making the colored portion of the collar smaller.

Alright, Rhinos update:

Primary:

-added more highlights thus defining facial features

-created a thicker navy outline

-fixed the mouth to make it look less awkward

Uniforms:

-changed the white collars on home and alt. to gray