Colorado Ravage Identity Package

nitroseed

Well, this one just sort of sprang up on me. I had no intentions of creating a logo tonight, but inspiration struck and away I went. So, with that, I debut my newest logo package, which I will be using for my United Lacrosse League team, the Colorado Ravage. The colors are Navy Blue, Ice Blue, Copper, Burnt Orange, and White. (Wrap your brain around that scheme!) If you have any feedback, I encourage you to post away. It's always greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

Colorado Ravage Lacrosse Identity Package

EDIT: Oh, and in case you're wondering what that animal is, it's a wolverine. :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooo... a new Nitro-logo. Always a treat!

I guessed the wolverine part, that's really cool, really well done, although the claw marks (a la Vancouver Grizzlies) on the script are a bit... off... I think it's because they're missing the outline.

How is it a lacrosse logo? Don't you know every lacrosse logo has to have a lacrosse stick in it? IT'S TRUE. :blink::D

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Nicely done nitro!

Obviously, a wolverine... correct? Unique in pro sports... I like that. I'd like to see that right forepaw curling over the wordmark... almost gripping it, you know what I mean? There's also something about the way the upper portion of the creature's right leg is meeting the torso that could be worked on.

Still, for a piece of work that was posted at nearly 3:00 AM EST... pretty darn tight!!!

Brian in Boston

That's outstanding. Only suggestion I would make is to not use the logo tilted like you're showing it, but use it flat.

The wordmark is amazing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I hate you... :D ... the vancouver bid commitee hates you :D ... that is all...

oh yeah good work i guess...lol

The St. Louis Rockets ULL expansion/relocation committee is starting to wonder whether it will even get off the ground.

Excellent work as usual, Nitro. I'm looking forward to what you do with the uniforms.

I think there is a good chance for up to 4 new teams next season.

Being as 2 teams probably won't be back and we could expand to 10 teams. We origionally were going to have 10 teams last season, but 2 didn't follow through with franchises. So 10 teams is exceptable, but this will have to be approved by the league first.

That's outstanding. Only suggestion I would make is to not use the logo tilted like you're showing it, but use it flat.

The only reason I tilted it is that's how I had imagined it when I started doing it, and it was intended to be sort of asloped mountainside or something. Doesn't really come off that way, I suppose, so you may be right. Let me try to work on a flat version (the paw in front needs some adjusting if I do that).

Nicely done, Nitro.

This set... as strange as it may seem.... just doesn't strike me as well as some of your previous. I'm struggling with attempting to provide some constructive feed back, but it isn't coming easily.

I think the Wolverine with the workmark seem to... said. I would like to see him look wilder, more crazy and in fight mode. Maybe add sharp fur edges to his back, as if the hair along his spine was sticking up slightly? adding the harsher edges would make him look more agressive. Right now, I kinda want to pet him. I should be afriad of him.

As BiB said, that paw needs to clench the wordmark. Seeing the back side dark brown of that paw looks a little off perspectice-wise, even it that was used without the wordmark.

The workmark's letters seem oddly spaced, like they need braces to pull them all together. The letter don't seem 'strong' and standing firm. They seem to be floating in the blue box, like i should shake it like a snow Globe, and get GERAVA, then VEAGRA. The slope of it doesn't bother me, IF the letters were 'more' italicised to make the vertical members truely vertical.

All in all, i like it.. but it doesn't feel... 'final' ya know what I mean?

Hopefully I have helped. I love your work, and this is a great concept.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Mountains= muy bien

The only hangup I see, is there is still something weird happening in his right front leg. Looks like it bends the other way or is dislocated. And the paw, while I dont think need clutch the words, looks like it isnt putting weight on anywhere. Oh, and his back legs kind of meld to one big leg.

That sounds like a lot. But its not. Plus the scruffy mods you made are great.

I like this though. Beaut.

Good jorb.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'm curious, why use a Wolverine?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The reason I believe that the right front paw needs to clutch the wordmark is that it currently appears to be floating in the middle of thin air.

As for the other "tweaks"... GREAT stuff, nitro! I think that the subtle mountains in the background are a tremendous addition to the logo. Ditto for the slightly more aggressive vibe given off by the more "ruffled" coat.

Brian in Boston

There's just something about that head that doesn't match the body.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived