Davidson's Logo Design Tutorials: Results / Concepts / Feedback Thread

CDixonDesign

Hey Davidson any chance if you've got a spare few minutes you could maybe pull your top five or six from this thread and critique them? You know point out the good and bad so folks can really understand what makes them work and so the creators of the ones you choose could tighten their ideas further.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Davidson any chance if you've got a spare few minutes you could maybe pull your top five or six from this thread and critique them? You know point out the good and bad so folks can really understand what makes them work and so the creators of the ones you choose could tighten their ideas further.

9erssteve

good idea, ill do just that.

I totally forgot to post my follow up. My bad. But here is as far as I've gotten. C&C very welcome. Seriously, get very picky if you have to lol.

I will mention that the one thing I seem to struggle with is applying the color. Ideally, I'd like it to be in Flyers colors. However, the black, orange, and white just isn't doing it for me or the design.

johnleclairlogo2.png

flyerssignature2.png

tampasignature2.png

msusignature2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Fraser.

It's my first attempt and there are a few areas that don't sit right with me but I'm not sure what it neeeds. Which areas were you referring to in regards to the stroke size? The face? Any feedback is appreciated.

i reckon you can afford to block out much thicker areas in the areas you have detail (chin, jersey collar, shoulder etc. at present, it feels like you are mimicking the lines you would make were you to sketch the guy. to achieve a more logo like feel, you need much thicker consistent (similar width) lines.

here is one i prepared earlier:

cartermccaw.png

having said that, there is no doubt you captured the guys face well. its a great start.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

my name is Torsten. I'm new here and wanted to show you my result that was made by following instructions of Fraser Davidson's tutorial. That was the reason why I landed on this forum. I always have been looking on sportslogos.net for those incredible sports team logos of the U.S.A. Living in Bavaria/Germany I'm desperate with the logos we have in our country. Some are horrible. I created a logo for a local speedway team, that are called the Devils. It was my first project and everyone was the delighted.

Now to come to my post. I was focusing on with which animal picture I could work. I decided to take a Hippo. I think there are not much Hippo logos to see. The tutorial was very helpful, so thank you Fraser for that great stuff.

I'm not finished yet. Also need a "team name" and was thinking of like "Sea Beasts".

Cheers,

torsten

hippo.png

Hello there,

my name is Torsten. I'm new here and wanted to show you my result that was made by following instructions of Fraser Davidson's tutorial. That was the reason why I landed on this forum. I always have been looking on sportslogos.net for those incredible sports team logos of the U.S.A. Living in Bavaria/Germany I'm desperate with the logos we have in our country. Some are horrible. I created a logo for a local speedway team, that are called the Devils. It was my first project and everyone was the delighted.

Now to come to my post. I was focusing on with which animal picture I could work. I decided to take a Hippo. I think there are not much Hippo logos to see. The tutorial was very helpful, so thank you Fraser for that great stuff.

I'm not finished yet. Also need a "team name" and was thinking of like "Sea Beasts".

Cheers,

torsten

cool, but where is the image?

Archived