CDixonDesign

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to trace it and here's what I got:

rbportrait-1.png

Nice!

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I have yet to finish mine but I have a quick comment. A lot of the posts on this thread look really good but they don't reflect the idea of Davidson's tutorial. Davidson took Farve and made an illustration that looks like Farve then he simplified it to make a generic logo of a person that could be used in concepts. Not a lot of people on here are not doing the final step. Their final product still looks like the person you selected as the base picture. I think we all need more work at this before we move to an animal tutorial.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Okay I'm a little late to the party (as usual) but here's my submission as it were. I followed Davidson's tutorial but I'll be honest I tweaked it a little to suit my self. I started out following step for step and found the further in I got the more Illustrator was working me and not the other way round, so after blocking it out roughly I printed that and worked over it with trace and a pencil before taking that scan and manually tracing that with Illustrator. I just felt that the results I was getting working directly in Illustrator were pretty sterile, and forced hopefully in time I'll be able to work straight through but even if that doesn't ever happen it's no biggie mixing the two seems to work for me and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Right so here's the fruits of my labor as it were,

Willis_clean.png

One very clean looking Patrick Willis Illustration, which I'm relatively happy with, but I really didn't feel captured the attitude and style of one of the hardest hitting LB's in the league, so with that in mind, a logo should always reflect it's subject matter after all, I went away and had a play with it and came up with these...

Willis_distressedg.png

Willis-distressedw.png

C&C's appreciated as always. Thanks for viewing.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Absolutely amazing 9erssteve! I love the splatters, but could we possibly see one without the splatters on the head? I think the splatters on the head kinda take away from the face. Fantastic job though!

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

His first illustration was without any splatters...unless you mean the entire Willis #52...

I mean the entire Willis #52 one, it looks good with the splatters but just not on the head.

That is amazing 9ersSteve. I think the top left corner of his left (our right) eyebrow could be cleaned up a bit, but other than that, this is great. And there is nothing wrong with working a little bit of pencil and paper in the process. You are doing the same process still.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived