Davidson's Logo Design Tutorials: Results / Concepts / Feedback Thread

CDixonDesign

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was doing a Charlie Manuel one. It didn't look much like him but i was happy with how I was actually coming along. And of course inkscape stops working and closes. I hadn't saved since almost the very beginning. I'm so disappointed right now.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Getting into the habit of saving every couple of steps is an invaluable habit, you never know when something as silly as a power blip will give you the ultimate "hulk" moment...

Yeah I normally use paint and I save after almost every click. But I just completely forgot about it. Learned my lesson though I guess.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Also, if you're "experimenting," do a Save As... instead of Save. (Or do "Save a Copy...") That way, you can basically have two versions, the one you're happy with and the one you're experimenting with.

Lookin good Nole.

And spammy, seriously? I've always been on your side and all, but the first step is by far the easiest one. It's getting a little ridiculous. Get to something like what CDixon has, then post it.

I'm workin' on a little something for a concept, using davidson's technique.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

My first try. Not a very good one.

clint-1.png

I've been really trying to simplify it. I'm afraid I've turned Clint into Abe Lincoln.

i reckon you have completed stage 1. remember that stage 2 is about homogeneity and not keeping it looking like clint.

the idea of simplifying him is to make him generic looking. great job so far tho.

This is what I have. I think the body turned out great, which I wasnt going to do at first, but the face is tough, it doesnt really look too much like MJ. Maybe its just me. Any advice on how to start the next step? Right now, everything is a path, and im not sure if i should start turning them into objects. Im using inkscape btw.

mj.jpg

Any help is appreciated

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

This is what I have. I think the body turned out great, which I wasnt going to do at first, but the face is tough, it doesnt really look too much like MJ. Maybe its just me. Any advice on how to start the next step? Right now, everything is a path, and im not sure if i should start turning them into objects. Im using inkscape btw.

mj.jpg

Any help is appreciated

Keep going.

Archived