2010 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McMurray did come out of no where, but it would have been nice to see someone completely off the wall win the 500, like Scott Speed, or AJ Almendinger...

I'm still in shock at the vast number of Erectile Dysfunction commercials, and the fact that Extenze has a main sponsorship on a car, shows how much i've paid attention :lol:

Jamie Mac was strong all week and is a strong restrictor plate driver. He did not come out of nowhere, he was just sitting in the top 10-15 all race long. AJ Allmendinger had the car to beat, it's just his crew screwed up and got him stuck in traffic. I would've loved to see this race end in the daylight to see who adjusted to the changing track, unfortunately it was under dark and everyone had good grip and it was just a cluster of cars. They need to repave the track before it becomes a Charlotte debacle of a few years ago.

This has been a disaster for Daytona, two long red flags and the Fox announcers driving viewers away.

If you have kept watching.. then it is not a disaster.

Actually that was when I turned it off, it was awful I was balancing all day between a few things, American Hockey vs. China, though the game was uncompetitive and the NBC Olympic coverage along with the Daytona, but it seemed every time ok I am ready to watch the race the cars are parked and they are fixing a pothole.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Should we lower the banking in the turns at Daytona and Talladega?

HELL NO. Daytona and Talladega offer the best racing NASCAR has to offer these two tracks make fans out of people. The casual fan won't care till Bristol or Talladega in late April, because California makes me angry and I think other fans would agree.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The banking of the track really isn't the problem, it was just wear and tear on the pavement. Daytona hasn't been repaved/resurfaced since the 70's....

There was plan of repaving it in 2012 IIRC, but i'm sure that's gonna come this offseason now, just to ease publicity and concerns...

Big deal...nothing more than a rain delay, or worse yet running monday. Correct me if Im mistaken but didnt they open up the plate to allow 45 more H.P.?. The ending was fine with me. I Like the new rule. Gets me pissed off to see a race end on a caution flag.Junior was a surprise to me. He ran a smart race and came up a little short at the end. Congrats to Mac and his team.

Big deal...nothing more than a rain delay, or worse yet running monday. Correct me if Im mistaken but didnt they open up the plate to allow 45 more H.P.?. The ending was fine with me. I Like the new rule. Gets me pissed off to see a race end on a caution flag.Junior was a surprise to me. He ran a smart race and came up a little short at the end. Congrats to Mac and his team.

I'm not sure about the amount of horsepower but the holes in the plate were bigger than they've been in a while and the results were obvious. The bigger plate made a huge difference in the quality of the racing. The extra power allowed drivers to take more chances and they were able to let off the gas without needing two laps to get back up to speed again. Great improvement on NASCAR's part. Hopefully they'll run the same plate at Tallladega and in the July race at Daytona.

Best 500 in recent memory if you asked me.

BB52Big.jpg

That race was actually best served to be run at night, the racing was much more competitive. The Race reminded me too much of 2008 if they had a long green flag run they got split up and were only brought back once a caution happened.

If it could get run under cool and cloudy conditions all the time that would be great, but still was a great race even after the total of 2 Hours of repair.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• 3 weeks later...

And once more Carl Edwards acts like a complete tool, risking the lives of others, and gets noting more than "don't do that again".

NASCAR really painted themselves into a corner by telling the drivers it was OK to "settle their own differences" but not drawing a line in the sand at sending cars upside down toward the grandstands after admittedly wrecking a fellow driver on purpose.

I don't think anything less than a 3-5 race suspension is appropriate in this case because it was so deliberate, so effing dangerous and Edwards being a repeat offender.

It's open season in NASCAR, because if you don't park a guy for that, what can you park him for?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

And once more Carl Edwards acts like a complete tool, risking the lives of others, and gets noting more than "don't do that again".

NASCAR really painted themselves into a corner by telling the drivers it was OK to "settle their own differences" but not drawing a line in the sand at sending cars upside down toward the grandstands after admittedly wrecking a fellow driver on purpose.

I don't think anything less than a 3-5 race suspension is appropriate in this case because it was so deliberate, so effing dangerous and Edwards being a repeat offender.

It's open season in NASCAR, because if you don't park a guy for that, what can you park him for?

First off, NASCAR fans can't have it both ways. Either they want "personality" or they don't.

Second, Keselowski had it coming. Edwards wasn't trying to flip him. It just happened and the spoiler is more to blame for the flip than is Carl Edwards. Keselowski has been running like an idiot for a while now. He's had issues with a bunch of different drivers. Payback was just a matter of time. My guess is the 12 car got the message and he runs a little more calmly after this.

BB52Big.jpg

Crapolowski had it coming. Denny Hamlin stated last year that the whole garage hated him. He was protected last year because he ran for Jr. Now, the gloves are off and he's free game. Crapo just doesn't get it. He runs over everyone, and then blames them when they retaliate. Its everyone's fault but his. Even after this incident, he won't take responsibility. I loved Marty Smith on ESPN when one top driver told him, "If Brad didn't flip, we'd be giving him a high-five!" I don't want to hear all this crap about how someone could've been injured or killed by this incident. What about all those times Crapo wrecked someone? Where was the outrage then? Dale Earnhardt died in a wreck that looked innocent. If Crapo's car hadn't turned over, this would be a non-issue. The car turning over, sure the wing helped, but there are probably 10 factors that put together helped that car turn over. It's not solely the wing. Crapo had it coming and you'll see it again this year as this boy doesn't get it.

Big E didnt die in an Innocent wreck. Blasting into a wall at over 150 was no fender bender. He raced with an open helment and no HANS device. These drivers today are better equiped safety wise. The super speedways of Daytona etc. and the current attitude of these drivers is going to result in a driver or fan/ fans being hurt or killed. Edwards did what he should have done. Some one had to at least try to teach this Dick a lesson. What comes around goes around, and NASCAR let it happen.

Big E didnt die in an Innocent wreck.

He didn't say it was an innocent wreck. He said it looked innocent. And it did. Hell, look it up on youtube and then compare it to Elliot Sadler's Talladega crash or Michael McDowell at Texas from a couple years ago and tell me which one looked like it should have killed someone. At the time, there was quite a bit of shock over the fact that Earnhardt's accident turned out to be fatal.

BB52Big.jpg

The death of Dale Earnhardt brought many safety changes to NASCAR. Yes the crash LOOKED innocent but was not. His death has saved quite a few lives. Things have changed in the past nine years since that crash. And the survivors of the wrecks you mention are most likely due to those safety changes. Even Dale j.r. had a nice flight Edwards....Keselowski who is next? I was not trying to put words into other posters mouths. It just seems to me that some drivers have no respect for others, and have safer conditions to race in now, compared to ten years ago.

Archived