2010 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

Finish wasn't that great but it was amazing to see Kevin Harvick & Kyle Busch to salvage really good finishes after being involved in the Big One.

Hopefully the 500 can live up to it's billing and deliver a classic, because this will probably be the last race till Bristol that will leave you on the edge of your seat with Cali, Vegas and Atlanta lurking.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad they moved the Daytona back to a 1:00 start, those late starts for primetime sucked. Daytona already has a primetime race on July 4th.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I am glad they moved the Daytona back to a 1:00 start, those late starts for primetime sucked. Daytona already has a primetime race on July 4th.

Couldn't agree more. It's nice to know that the start times will be consistent all season. 1pm for the east , 3pm for the west, 7:30 for the night races. It's about time.

BB52Big.jpg

Couldn't agree more. It's nice to know that the start times will be consistent all season. 1pm for the east , 3pm for the west, 7:30 for the night races. It's about time.

Just remember that TMS just moved from an East start time to a West start time this past week.

This delay is making me drink more. And making fans at Daytona drink more.

Anyone else getting the feeling they are purposely putting off filling in the hole correctly in order to get another prime time finish?

It is NASCAR, so they can do what they want. FOX may have anted this too. On the other hand, what is Phil wearing at Pebble beach? WOW!

I've only been watching since about 50 to go, and consistently since the last restart (after red, I think 39 to go), but it's been pretty crazy.

They're trying to finish on green for about the third time now. Harvick grabbed the lead, but McMurray looked ready to challenge and will try again on restart. Truex and Biffle are still in the running, too. This is nuts.

I thought it was interesting seeing martin Truex Jr. watch Jamie McMurray drive his old car to victory practically right in front of him. I was hoping for Scott Speed after I saw him leading with 18 to go. But after Jimmie blew a tire, I wouldn't really have minded to see anyone win the race.

It's not like McMurray was a fluke winner. Great speedweeks and always does well at the Restrictor plate tracks.

That finish saved the 500.

Kyle Petty said it best ''A Different Start Time, Same Finish Time''

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This has been a disaster for Daytona, two long red flags and the Fox announcers driving viewers away.

Take it from someone who has a little more experience in TV than you do, it's not the disaster you think it is. The racing was good enough to keep the audience around to see how it would finish. As long as the target audience stuck around, and I'm sure they did, everything will be just fine.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived