2010 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

Denny Hamlin torn his ACL in his left knee during a pickup basketball game and will have surgery at the end of the 2010 season.

So much for being considered a top contender for this year.

Huh? It's obviously not bad enough to affect his walking or driving, so why would this affect him being a contender? What will affect him being a contender is more bone-head moves such as at California in October, not a tear in the knee. If the knee was so bad to affect his driving, don't you think he'd have surgery today rather than after the season. Oh and I think Jeff Gordon's back last year was more of an issue than Denny's knee this year, and Gordon didn't do so bad, 3rd in the points. Denny probably has a grade 1 tear of the ligament, which is minor compared to a grade 3 tear.

ANythings possible. We don't know the extent of his injury, however, waiting 9 months to have surgery is a risky move, but not as riskier of having surgery before the season begins.

"Not as riskier?" Like NASCAR fans don't have enough stereotypes to deal with already?

I'm lost. Can you explain?

Apparently. :D

OK. It was a joke. You messed up the sentence. It should have read "but not as risky" not "but not as riskier." The joke was that most people already think we NASCAR fans are a bunch of yahoos. Your goof wasn't helping that image. That's all. It was all in fun.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denny Hamlin torn his ACL in his left knee during a pickup basketball game and will have surgery at the end of the 2010 season.

So much for being considered a top contender for this year.

Huh? It's obviously not bad enough to affect his walking or driving, so why would this affect him being a contender? What will affect him being a contender is more bone-head moves such as at California in October, not a tear in the knee. If the knee was so bad to affect his driving, don't you think he'd have surgery today rather than after the season. Oh and I think Jeff Gordon's back last year was more of an issue than Denny's knee this year, and Gordon didn't do so bad, 3rd in the points. Denny probably has a grade 1 tear of the ligament, which is minor compared to a grade 3 tear.

ANythings possible. We don't know the extent of his injury, however, waiting 9 months to have surgery is a risky move, but not as riskier of having surgery before the season begins.

"Not as riskier?" Like NASCAR fans don't have enough stereotypes to deal with already?

I'm lost. Can you explain?

Apparently. :D

OK. It was a joke. You messed up the sentence. It should have read "but not as risky" not "but not as riskier." The joke was that most people already think we NASCAR fans are a bunch of yahoos. Your goof wasn't helping that image. That's all. It was all in fun.

Ah, thanks for the revelation. :)

If your salary was lowered 10% would it not be a big deal?

There race winnings aren't all they earn they have contracts and salary's with the teams their apart of, that doesn't get cut. Only the total purse that is awarded to all 43 Drivers.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Watching the Arca race today. I can't believe Danica said how do I check my Pit Road speed?

You think the crew would have at least told her that these cars don't have speedometers and only tachometers. She still drove to a 6th place finish after sliding through grass with about 20 to go.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Watching the Arca race today. I can't believe Danica said how do I check my Pit Road speed?

You think the crew would have at least told her that these cars don't have speedometers and only tachometers. She still drove to a 6th place finish after sliding through grass with about 20 to go.

LOL, her tach wasn't working correctly, that's why she was asking. Pretty sure she wasn't searching for the speedo. :D

Aaaaaand Jimmie Johnson wins the first Duel. I swear if he gets the 5-peat I will stop watching NASCAR. I have nothing against the guy, I just don't think anyone should be THAT dominant and make it look THAT easy!

Agreed, I would have considered myself an avid fan about 5 years ago, but the Johnson dominance is just too apparent in a league that considers themselves "as equal as possible" :rolleyes:

Aaaaaand Jimmie Johnson wins the first Duel. I swear if he gets the 5-peat I will stop watching NASCAR. I have nothing against the guy, I just don't think anyone should be THAT dominant and make it look THAT easy!

Agreed, I would have considered myself an avid fan about 5 years ago, but the Johnson dominance is just too apparent in a league that considers themselves "as equal as possible" :rolleyes:

There's really nothing to hate about Jimmie Johnson, except that he wins. Like why people hate the Yankees. If he hadn't won a championship yet, then I probably enjoy him as a driver, but every time I see him win it makes me sick.

There's really nothing to hate about Jimmie Johnson, except that he wins. Like why people hate the Yankees. If he hadn't won a championship yet, then I probably enjoy him as a driver, but every time I see him win it makes me sick.

Most do not hate Jimmie, most hate Chad Knaus, who was busted for violating NASCAR rules. He is more like Bill Belichick, however NASCAR checks all car weights/measurements after each race. Chad's comments on "24/7" indicate that he will try to bend the rules all he can, and will protest whar is not defined.

Most do not hate Jimmie, most hate Chad Knaus, who was busted for violating NASCAR rules. He is more like Bill Belichick, however NASCAR checks all car weights/measurements after each race. Chad's comments on "24/7" indicate that he will try to bend the rules all he can, and will protest whar is not defined.

I'm sure Chad is the only crew chief in NASCAR that does that. The rest are just good 'ol boys who would never look for an advantage.

BB52Big.jpg

I suggest for anyone that isn't watching the Nationwide Race at Daytona go over and watch it.

Great race and Dale Jr. just went for a wild ride and he is okay.

Already there. The problem is I had to go out with about 30 laps to go so I didn't get to see the finish.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived