NFL Concept Jerseys - 1995

Panthers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as we're trying to realign based on location, why in the world are the St. Louis Rams in the NFC West? They're much farther away from Arizona, Seattle, and San Fran than the Chiefs are from the Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders.

Actually, that whole NFC West division must be brutal for the players, travel-wise. You have the double-whammy of the Rams over near the east of the country and Seattle stuck up there in their own little corner.

1. The NFC West was the NFC's orphan junk drawer division. You kind of got the grab bag of teams that didn't fit anywhere else. None of them are really in the South, and the NFCs East and Central North collectively have hard core rivalries that cannot be disrupted.

2. The Rams and 49ers have a strong rivalry. Indeed the fanbases still intensely despise and hate each other.

3. NO! TRAVEL IS NOT WHY THE RAMS SUCK AND IS NOT UNDULY DIFFICULT FOR ANY TEAM IN THE DIVISION!!!!

EDIT for further chastisement. AND NO! THE RAMS ARE NOT ALL THE WAY OUT IN THE EAST! THEY ARE IN THE GODDAMN CENTER OF THE COUNTRY! THERE ARE ONLY TWO NFC TEAMS NOT IN THE WEST DIVISION, MINNESOTA AND DALLAS, THAT ARE WEST OF ST. LOUIS AND THAT IS IT!

Wow. Shocking, just shocking.

I wasn't actually suggesting that the Rams be switched into another division, nor did I say the Rams were in the east of the country. I did say that they were near the east of the country, which is true. But that doesn't mean they're in the east. They're certainly much closer to the East than Seattle, San Fran, or Arizona.

Also, I didn't even mention the Rams' recent suckage. That has nothing to do with geography and everything to do with the complete lack of talent at any position on the roster except halfback.

In conclusion, grow the hell up. Screaming at me with all caps and bold italic letters doesn't make you cool kid on campus.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This was an early candidate for thread of the year (so many great pics of prototypes that many of us never actually saw, and lots of great discussion) and it's being ruined by you complete goddam idiots rambling about your stupid ass realignment crap. You're idiots, and if I was king, any realignment talk would be an insta-ban. For the love of god stop. I know that deleting posts is against the unwritten rules of this place, but I hope that someone deletes all the nonsense realignment posts. And yes, I know that I was part of the Browns discussion earlier on, but we capped that pretty quickly and got right back on track.

Even as one of the targets of this rant I must compliment you. Outstanding! A minor deduction for redundancy (you called us idiots twice) but overall, gold medal work. You even got a Being John Malkovich "for the love of God" in there. Good job!

But if you're going to go off like that every time a thread gets sidetracked on this board, may I suggest you acquire one of these and put it to immediate use?

17502-wrist-digital-blood-pressure-monitor-1.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Realignment doesn't just sidetrack a thread - it ends it. All you have to do is suggest moving a team from one conference to the other, and then all of a sudden, like spidey sense, all the realignment gurus who may not even have been following a thread seem to flock to it to get their two cents in. There can be threads... or hell - even a forum for realignment. But unless we're specifically discussing a team who is moving (and maybe not even then), I'll continue to hate and refer to anyone who brings up realignment as an idiot. At this point I realize that I'm not contributing to the topic of the thread, but it's way to late for that anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 weeks later...

The NFC west was kinda of the junk division, but because of the cards refusal to move away from the east, this should of happened yrs ago where the cards went west. The old west could have been called the south division with atl and no in it. Rememember the debate in 2000 when realignment came up was which team would go from the afc to the NFC. Indy had first choice, Dallas would not go west, sd would not leave afl tradition, so Seattle because of starting in the NFC west in 76 was the odd man out of the afc. Unless the chargers or raiders move to LA, the new LA team will go to the NFC West. The rams would most likely be moving. Unless they add a sole expansion team.

As far as Seattle goes, unless theNFL goes to canada to Vancouver or in 25 yrs Portland gets to become more of a force, they will be on their own island. If not for the cfl Canada would do great in the NFL....much better than baseball or basketball did. The canadians are wild about the NFL......Toronto will be the first spot no doubt.

Those old blue road unis for the cowboys kinda of remind me what Seattle should do with there home uniforms. One the gunmetal "seahawk blue" pants and a darker redesigned jersey. The hawks would have to widen that stripe on pants, but that uni of the boys is a good model of what they should do. The alternative is dark jersey, lime pants.

Archived