NFL Concept Jerseys - 1995

Panthers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if Jacksonville moves to LA, do they move to the AFC West as well? Which team would move out of the AFC West to the AFC South? Geographically I think it would have to be KC since they are the closest team to any of the teams in the AFC South. Just tryin to keep in line with the NFL thinking when they realigned the divisions.

teams_mapcopy.jpg

Los Angeles is in the Southern United States. No realignment is necessary.

That's a stretch by most people's perception of what's where. Is Seattle in the north? Technically by some definition perhaps, but few would refer to it as such.

Would have loved to hear someone's argument for having New Orleans, much less Atlanta, in the old NFC West. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

For the millionth time, they're not breaking up the AFC West, and the Jaguars will stay in the junk drawer division, it's not a big deal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

To do real geographical alignment would break up too many rivalries. Just look at Dallas, prime example. The Jags moving to LA should lead to this, but it won't:

Miami to the AFC South

Baltimore to the AFC East

Kansas City to the AFC North

Jags to the AFC West.

That would make sense geographically, but it messes with too many rivalries.

Reel Line Mint really needs to be a suspendable or even bannable offense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Geographically, nothing makes sense in a reel-line-mint unless Indianapolis is in the AFC North and Baltimore isn't, but a "road trip" in the NFL is a much different thing than a road trip in baseball, the NBA, or the NHL. The LA Jaguars could easily exist in AFC South. That only means that once a year they would visit Houston, Indianapolis, and Tennessee. That's not THAT much farther a journey than they currently take to get from Jacksonville to those cities.

PvO6ZWJ.png

For the millionth time, they're not breaking up the AFC West, and the Jaguars will stay in the junk drawer division, it's not a big deal.

Exactly!!!

This is a league that functioned with Arizona being in the "East" Division for 13 seasons, and with New Orleans and Atlanta in the "West" Division for 31 years. Shoot-the NFC West's ancestor, the NFL's Coastal Division, had Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Baltimore. Travel distance and geographic rationality is not as big an issue as maintaining traditional rivalries.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good Point. I guess I was thinking to keep the teams in the division in the same time zone?? OK I may be reaching there! :D

We can stop now.

Speaking as an out-of-market fan with plenty of experience, having West Coast teams in your division is great. It's far more likely you will get a televised late kickoff out of market than you will get an early one.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The current Jags helmet is pretty damn near perfect IMO. That being said, I think the better of the two leaping cats is the half bodied one on the right. But thats just me.

I really liked the new blue-sparkly helmet (much more than I thought I would), but as a former cat owner that logo screams only one thing - hairball.

LMFAO!!!!

It seems like that logo tends to polarize people on this board. I think its fantastic, other people think its terrible. IDK, I guess I just like the fact that its gold on black and a well rendered logo, not overly done kitty head. :)

Exactly!!!

This is a league that functioned with Arizona being in the "East" Division for 13 seasons, and with New Orleans and Atlanta in the "West" Division for 31 years. Shoot-the NFC West's ancestor, the NFL's Coastal Division, had Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Baltimore. Travel distance and geographic rationality is not as big an issue as maintaining traditional rivalries.

The current alignment pretty much proves that the NFL values rivalries over geography. Otherwise the Cowboys won't be in the NFC East and the Dolphins probably won't be in the AFC East. I would say the NFL has the best alignment of any sports league. No reason to mess with it just because the Jaguars move to LA.

As long as we're trying to realign based on location, why in the world are the St. Louis Rams in the NFC West? They're much farther away from Arizona, Seattle, and San Fran than the Chiefs are from the Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders.

Actually, that whole NFC West division must be brutal for the players, travel-wise. You have the double-whammy of the Rams over near the east of the country and Seattle stuck up there in their own little corner.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This was an early candidate for thread of the year (so many great pics of prototypes that many of us never actually saw, and lots of great discussion) and it's being ruined by you complete goddam idiots rambling about your stupid ass realignment crap. You're idiots, and if I was king, any realignment talk would be an insta-ban. For the love of god stop. I know that deleting posts is against the unwritten rules of this place, but I hope that someone deletes all the nonsense realignment posts. And yes, I know that I was part of the Browns discussion earlier on, but we capped that pretty quickly and got right back on track.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As long as we're trying to realign based on location, why in the world are the St. Louis Rams in the NFC West? They're much farther away from Arizona, Seattle, and San Fran than the Chiefs are from the Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders.

Actually, that whole NFC West division must be brutal for the players, travel-wise. You have the double-whammy of the Rams over near the east of the country and Seattle stuck up there in their own little corner.

1. The NFC West was the NFC's orphan junk drawer division. You kind of got the grab bag of teams that didn't fit anywhere else. None of them are really in the South, and the NFCs East and Central North collectively have hard core rivalries that cannot be disrupted.

2. The Rams and 49ers have a strong rivalry. Indeed the fanbases still intensely despise and hate each other.

3. NO! TRAVEL IS NOT WHY THE RAMS SUCK AND IS NOT UNDULY DIFFICULT FOR ANY TEAM IN THE DIVISION!!!!

EDIT for further chastisement. AND NO! THE RAMS ARE NOT ALL THE WAY OUT IN THE EAST! THEY ARE IN THE GODDAMN CENTER OF THE COUNTRY! THERE ARE ONLY TWO NFC TEAMS NOT IN THE WEST DIVISION, MINNESOTA AND DALLAS, THAT ARE WEST OF ST. LOUIS AND THAT IS IT!

Today, we are all otaku.

Most NFL teams are east of the Mississippi, so naturally the geographic divisions aren't going to be 100% perfect. If divisions were based on absolutely nothing else but geography, then Dallas would be in the NFC West, the Rams would be in the NFC East (or South), the Colts would be better off in the AFC North and the entire AFC North division would be better off rebranded as a Central division.

This was an early candidate for thread of the year (so many great pics of prototypes that many of us never actually saw, and lots of great discussion) and it's being ruined by you complete goddam idiots rambling about your stupid ass realignment crap. You're idiots, and if I was king, any realignment talk would be an insta-ban. For the love of god stop. I know that deleting posts is against the unwritten rules of this place, but I hope that someone deletes all the nonsense realignment posts. And yes, I know that I was part of the Browns discussion earlier on, but we capped that pretty quickly and got right back on track.

Any one ever notice that the Cowboys have different blues in their uniforms? That bugs the hell out of me....they should change it.

:P

Archived