Playoff Catchphrases

Brass

Ok, now we know it's playoff hockey time, and mostly all the teams in the playoffs have some sort of catchphrase to get people wild-up about the playoffs or something like that. As for the Boston Bruins, they are using the "Playoff Hockey: Wicked Intense" motive with the Barenaked Ladies promoting going to the games.. Kinda of cheesy if you ask me.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Hey what do you call a bunch of millionaires watching the playoffs in their homes?

The New York Rangers :D

what the hell is ccslc?

i dunno if this counts. But for their latest Stanley Cup run, the Avalanche used, simply "16W" for the obvious reason that they needed 16 wins. I thought there was some sort of irony in that the Devils arena was off of exit 16w or some crap... but I'm probably wrong. They also had the "one team, one goal" thing going throughout the season.

IUe6Hvh.png

i dunno if this counts. But for their latest Stanley Cup run, the Avalanche used, simply "16W" for the obvious reason that they needed 16 wins. I thought there was some sort of irony in that the Devils arena was off of exit 16w or some crap... but I'm probably wrong. They also had the "one team, one goal" thing going throughout the season.

I remember seeing those Mission : 16 Wins shirts when Bourque played his last season with the Avs, great marketing gimic, and it even had a happy ending :D

The Devils arena's exit is 16w off the NJ turnpike. Going if the Devils would have won game 6 in 2001 Borque would have ended with 14 wins, or 14w which ironicly is the airport. Unfortunatly the Devils lost game 6 and 7.

You sure you from jersey, JKR? There is no Exit 14W. These the the "14" exits, as i remember them...

14 Newark Airport, 78, 1&9

14A Bayonne

14B Jersey City, Liberty State Park

14C Holland Tunnel

*sigh* i miss my turnpike...

P.S. Borque was a phony and a dick. Never liked him, never will. All that phony emotional crap made me vomit. He holds no special place in my hockey heart and neither does his "special Cup moment"....

Jackass...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The only thing that would have made it better would have been if he was still with the Bruins

Eh, maybe. I dunno, not for me cuz' I'm an Avalanche fan... so I got two joys out of that win. Three if you count beating New Jersey as an achievement of it's own. Either way, almost the entire league's unbiased fans (neither Avs, nor Devils fans or hardcore haters) base was pulling for the Avalanche in that series. So it was still special in that regard.

Sakic giving the puck to Bourque is one of the moments that i'll never forget.

I wanted one of those jerseys the fans were wearing that were half Avs Bourque Jersey and half Bruins Bourque jersey. I'm not sure they sold them though.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Devils arena's exit is 16w off the NJ turnpike. Going if the Devils would have won game 6 in 2001 Borque would have ended with 14 wins, or 14w which ironicly is the airport. Unfortunatly the Devils lost game 6 and 7.

You sure you from jersey, JKR? There is no Exit 14W. These the the "14" exits, as i remember them...

14 Newark Airport, 78, 1&9

14A Bayonne

14B Jersey City, Liberty State Park

14C Holland Tunnel

*sigh* i miss my turnpike...

P.S. Borque was a phony and a dick. Never liked him, never will. All that phony emotional crap made me vomit. He holds no special place in my hockey heart and neither does his "special Cup moment"....

Jackass...

It is just 14 then, I don't know for sure I just remeber someone had a sign that said exit 14 (or 14w) Newark airport, Ray that is you exit. It went something like that. It was a few years ago I don't remember what exactly it siad.

The whole Ray Bourque thing was way overrated. Many players have gone thier entire career without winnig a cup. The thing I hated the most was how Boston celebrated when he basicly told them You guys suck and I can't win here, so trade me.

Its just the fact of what Bourque did while his stay in Boston. All the points and leading them to two 2 finals, but it's just the fact. You gotta be a Bruins fan and Boston resident to really understand it.

what the hell is ccslc?

Its just the fact of what Bourque did while his stay in Boston. All the points and leading them to two 2 finals, but it's just the fact. You gotta be a Bruins fan and Boston resident to really understand it.

Cam Neely led those teams, and to just forget him and talk about Borque cheapens the legacy of one of the greatest players of our era.

Cam Neely is, was, and forever will be better than Ray Borque, and it's a shame you Bostonians don't appreciate him.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Cam Neely was a great player, and it took the Bruins WAY too long to hang #8 from the rafters.

That said, tell me Ray Bourque was a no-talent player. With a straight face. Really. *shakes head*

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i dunno if this counts.  But for their latest Stanley Cup run, the Avalanche used, simply "16W" for the obvious reason that they needed 16 wins.  I thought there was some sort of irony in that the Devils arena was off of exit 16w or some crap... but I'm probably wrong.  They also had the "one team, one goal" thing going throughout the season.

I had thought mission 16W meant that there was something going on in Iceland or Senegal :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived