2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUGE win for the Bruins. Glad to see that David Krejci is picking it up due to the loss of Savard. Maybe he can give Blake Wheeler a kick in the ass, too.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Man we're never gonna hear the end of it after that disallowed goal from the flyers (even though it was the right call).

Im more concerned that when Crosby throws a legal check on Hartnell, both happen to lose their balance and fall down, and Hartnell gets a penalty? Confusing, not surprising.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

EDIT: I love Patrick Kaleta.

Me too, that fight was awesome. However, that boarding should not have been a game misconduct, and maybe not even the 5 min major. It looked like Kaleta did a bit of acting on that play too.

Yeah personally, I think he got the game misconduct because of what Kaleta had gotten out of the fight. It's one of those "keeping them in-line" misconducts. The Sabres did a really bad job of building off of momentum last night though.

6fQjS3M.png

Who does the Flames' Pay-Per-View? He's better than the Rogers Sportsnet guy.

That would be Rob Kerr and I 100% agree with this also he's much nicer in person then Lombardius is. When he isn't doing the PPV games he does Flames at 5 on the radio and Flames pregames.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

EDIT: I love Patrick Kaleta.

Me too, that fight was awesome. However, that boarding should not have been a game misconduct, and maybe not even the 5 min major. It looked like Kaleta did a bit of acting on that play too.

Yeah personally, I think he got the game misconduct because of what Kaleta had gotten out of the fight. It's one of those "keeping them in-line" misconducts. The Sabres did a really bad job of building off of momentum last night though.

Yea, the Sabres are no match for Ottawa, they just can't beat them. Also, it seems like Kaleta, Gaustad, Miller and Myers are the only players who care night in and night out, this team will not go far with that mindset.

saBS.png

Man we're never gonna hear the end of it after that disallowed goal from the flyers (even though it was the right call).

Im more concerned that when Crosby throws a legal check on Hartnell, both happen to lose their balance and fall down, and Hartnell gets a penalty? Confusing, not surprising.

As Bob Errey said "Hartnell got penalized for being on the ice". I did find it kind of amusing just because I despise Hartnell, but on the whole it was a pretty sad call.

In other news, the Penguins have now qualified for the right to defend the Cup.

Well it was a big day for the Coyotes. With their win tonight the Coyotes clinched their first 100 point NHL season in franchise history, including the Winnipeg day. That is being in the league 30 years before achieving 100 point season.

Deceptive statistic; 100 points were harder to get before 1996 because there weren't overtime losses. Those Steen/Hawerchuk squads that kept running into the Oilers were still qualitatively better teams than this league-propped farce.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Deceptive statistic; 100 points were harder to get before 1996 because there weren't overtime losses. Those Steen/Hawerchuk squads that kept running into the Oilers were still qualitatively better teams than this league-propped farce.

I know you hate the Coyotes, and eagerly await being right if they move, but they're not a farce, nor are they particularly league propped. They're succeeding with the young talent they began to assemble long before the league took them over.

The 100 point season IS deceptive, but you're off base otherwise.

Well it was a big day for the Coyotes. With their win tonight the Coyotes clinched their first 100 point NHL season in franchise history, including the Winnipeg day. That is being in the league 30 years before achieving 100 point season.

It's about time.

How many shootout wins do they have? Surely quite a bit. If you subtract a point for each of those, plus 6 for their overtime losses, you get a more comparable record. Too bad hockey can't be more like basketball and baseball, which have legitimate major leagues that only allow for two outcomes to a game.

How many shootout wins do they have? Surely quite a bit. If you subtract a point for each of those, plus 6 for their overtime losses, you get a more comparable record. Too bad hockey can't be more like basketball and baseball, which have legitimate major leagues that only allow for two outcomes to a game.

Sheesh. What did the Coyotes did to you to encure your wrath?

You do know you're implying the NFL isn't legitamite since they end in ties. :D

They're succeeding with the young talent they began to assemble long before the league took them over.

Not really. Statistically, their best player is Wojtek Wolski, whom they acquired while under league control. Their leader in goals is Lee Stempniak, whom they acquired while under league control. They have 20 assists, two game winners, and at least two shootout winners (all inexplicably) from Adrian Aucoin, whom they acquired while under league control. Much of their success is attributed to running a mucking defensive system under Dave Tippett, whom they acquired while under league control. Bryzgalov was snatched off waivers two years ago, and I guess Keith Yandle is sort of good at hockey, but to paint this as the natural conclusion of savvy drafting and rebuilding wholly unrelated to the league's vested interest in immediately propping up their resale value is highly disingenuous.

They're succeeding with the young talent they began to assemble long before the league took them over.

Not really. Statistically, their best player is Wojtek Wolski, whom they acquired while under league control. Their leader in goals is Lee Stempniak, whom they acquired while under league control. They have 20 assists, two game winners, and at least two shootout winners (all inexplicably) from Adrian Aucoin, whom they acquired while under league control. Much of their success is attributed to running a mucking defensive system under Dave Tippett, whom they acquired while under league control. Bryzgalov was snatched off waivers two years ago, and I guess Keith Yandle is sort of good at hockey, but to paint this as the natural conclusion of savvy drafting and rebuilding wholly unrelated to the league's vested interest in immediately propping up their resale value is highly disingenuous.

Then the rest of the league must stink because, as you infer, the "league-propped" Coyotes are going into the playoffs.

Matthew Lombardi seems to be doing fairly well for them. Remember when the Coyotes were on the losing end and mid-fire-sale by getting him for Olli Jokinen? Oh, and while the signing may have been done under league control, who the hell thought Radim Vrbata would amount to anything ever again after his immolation in Tampa Bay, and subsequent exile to the Czech League?

I would suggest that a larger portion of the Coyotes' success comes from a lack of Gretzky than Gary Bettman directly pulling the strings at the trade deadline to send all top-end talent into the desert.* Gretzky was drawing $8M a year to coach badly and help a franchise earn its bankruptcy, and just up and left the team when things got dodgy. And from my recollection of events, the Dallas Stars did not hand over Dave Tippett as a charitable gesture to a fellow franchise in need - they :censored: -canned him. Are the Coyotes to be faulted for seeking out and hiring who thy felt was the best available candidate for the job, just because that was a task they rarely demonstrated an ability to perform in the previous three decades?

Your Coyotes-induced bile is starting to resemble Maz any time someone starts talking up Ovechkin. Dial it down a couple of notches. They'll be sold for high-eight figures and out of town before you know it, anyway.

*according to unreliable Canadian sources

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived