New Era Pinstripe Bowl

Waffles

My thoughts...

* There is already a glut of college football bowl games, a disturbing number of them featuring mediocre teams that only a booster could love. Why add another mediocrity-fest to the lineup?

* As a name, "Pinstripe Bowl" is a bucket-of-suck.

Considering only one bowl game really matters, I don't think it's an issue with how many teams get to play in the postseason. Just gives a bunch of schools an extra game for the athletes and fans. Now, if there's ever a playoff, then I think we can worry about how many teams participate.

Any way you look at it, the idea for the bowl is nice for New York, but there are more traditional "FOOTBALL" Locations they could have used. I think they could have used this as a Kickoff Classic or something along those lines. As many neutral site games aas teams have, I don't understand why the NCAA killed them. The architecture doesn't make it a baseball logo, just let's you know where it's being played.

My thoughts...

* There is already a glut of college football bowl games, a disturbing number of them featuring mediocre teams that only a booster could love. Why add another mediocrity-fest to the lineup?

* As a name, "Pinstripe Bowl" is a bucket-of-suck.

Bucket?

How about a whole Barrel of Suck....or even Resevoir of Suck?

Just seems way too forced and pretentious for my liking.

"Oh look, two mediocre college football teams that no one outside of the represented school campuses will give two s#!ts about are playing football on a baseball field in a billion dollar stadium that basically takes capitalism and excess to the extreme but tries to disguise it by incorporating the traditional Yankee frieze on the rafters and historical monument park...which happens to be located in close proximity to an overpriced restaurant/sports bar in centerfield....wow...how special and important!!!"

Can't wait!!!! ^_^

2. I still think DC Comics bought the copyright to the name Gotham sometime recently.

"Gotham City"? Sure. But "Gotham" itself? No. Especially when you consider that Washington Irving coined it as a nickname for New York in 1807.

I'm sure they'd like to buy the name, but they can't. Nobody owns it. It's free for all to use.

I don't think "Pinstripe Bowl" is too bad, I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees shot down any proposals for it to be the "Yankee Bowl". When I first heard about the idea of a bowl game at the stadium I thought it would be neat to go, but I don't think I would go to see this until the level of competition got higher than the #6 Big XII team and #3 Big East team. Isn't there supposed to be an Army/Notre Dame game or something at the Stadium too within the next few years also?

Yeah in November, before the bowl game. Tickets are going to be hard to come by because they're mostly being distributed through Notre Dame, and if you find them you're gonna have to pay out the @$$. I wanted to go too, but it's just gonna cost too much. I'd like to check out the bowl game though.

Archived