New Era Pinstripe Bowl

Waffles

Pinstripe-bowl.jpg

The Yankees this morning announced a four-year naming rights deal with the New Era Cap Company for the new college football bowl game to be played at Yankee Stadium. The first New Era Pinstripe Bowl will be played December 30 at the ballpark featuring teams from the Big 12 and Big East and be televised by ESPN. Financial terms for New Era's deal were not disclosed. The New Era pact runs concurrently with a deal running through ‘13 for the two conferences to play the bowl game at Yankee Stadium each year between Christmas and New Year's Day. In addition to naming rights, New Era will receive exclusive headwear licensing rights and non-exclusive apparel licensing rights for Pinstripe Bowl-related merchandise. The game will be the first college football bowl in the Bronx since the ‘62 Gotham Bowl between Nebraska and Miami. While criticism continues to mount in certain corners over a seeming glut of college bowl games, the Pinstripe Bowl will trade in part on the millions of tourists who descend upon the N.Y. area each holiday season. To that end, bowl organizers are aiming to eventually elevate from the game's current slotting of the third-place Big East team and sixth-place Big 12 team. "Having these great organizations, New Era and ESPN, involved gives this game instant credibility," said Yankees President Randy Levine. "We think this is a premier event. People want to play in Yankee Stadium and we're very confident this will be a success." Had the game been played in ‘09, it would have involved Rutgers and Texas A&M.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/137627

I don't think "Pinstripe Bowl" is too bad, I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees shot down any proposals for it to be the "Yankee Bowl". When I first heard about the idea of a bowl game at the stadium I thought it would be neat to go, but I don't think I would go to see this until the level of competition got higher than the #6 Big XII team and #3 Big East team. Isn't there supposed to be an Army/Notre Dame game or something at the Stadium too within the next few years also?

Terrible name. Of course this would is route they go with since it's being played in Yankees Stadium and all. So many better options. One that instantly comes to mind is 'Big Apple Bowl'.

6uXNWAo.png

Decent logo, horrible bowl name...added to the ever expanding list of horrible bowl names.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Decent logo, horrible bowl name...added to the ever expanding list of horrible bowl names.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Kind of dumb to have baseball imagery on a football game logo. I get why it's there, I just think the whole idea is dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kind of dumb to have baseball imagery on a football game logo. I get why it's there, I just think the whole idea is dumb.

Baseball imagery? The frieze?

The old Yankee Stadium was a multipurpose facility. Although the frieze has become associated with baseball, it is inherent to the facility, not the sport of its primary tenants.

I do kinda wonder whether or not the teams that play in this game will take to the field wearing pinstriped jerseys...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I figured the new Meadowlands would try and host a "Gotham Bowl" but I suppose the location works better at Yankee Stadium. Fewer seats, Nut Bowl copy.

Could work.

1. I still think the new Meadowlands will likely give a shot to a potential revival of the Garden State Bowl, because

2. I still think DC Comics bought the copyright to the name Gotham sometime recently.

3. The Pinstripe Bowl will be one of three games to be voted for inclusion into the upcoming 2010 schedule; the other two being the Dallas Football Classic (to be played in the Cotton Bowl Stadium) and the Cure Bowl benefiting breast cancer research (to be played at UCF's Bright House Networks Stadium in Orlando)-personally, I think no city should host more than two bowl games a year (unless such city is a BCS bowl/National Championship game host that year). At this point, the NCAA might as well start letting 5-7 teams in...

bYhYmxh.png

Archived