ISO: K-State's lavender basketball jersey

Buffalo

Seeing Kansas State in the NCAA made me remember they had "throwback" basketball uniform a few years ago that was terribly light, lavender in fact. It didn't even match the shorts.

I recall seeing it on the CCSLC a long time ago.

Anybody have a photo???

Please share if you do!

That's why you don't mix lights and darks in the wash, kids.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

(It is strange to imagine a time when Oregon State basketball was "the mighty")

They have never been the same since Ball State ousted them in the first round of the 1990 tournament.

Gary Payton reacted to the matchup by saying, "Ball who!?" We really showed him that glorious day!

Andrew

Ball State class of 1994

• 4 weeks later...

A classic uniform for the true K-Stater. Introduced by legendary coach Jack Hartman, these were the road uniforms from the 1973-74 season until the 1984-85 season. A lot of great and I mean great KSU teams wore these.

Mike Evans, Rolando Blackman, Chuckie Williams, Lon Kruger, Ed Nealy and many others wore the two tones. Ironically when Kruger returned as coach in 1986, the Big 8 did not allow the two tone look anymore. Coach Hartman was a lot like football coach Bill Snyder, a no nonsense winner who got maximum results from guys that were hardly blue chippers.

• 3 weeks later...

They look gay.

Wow. Such absolutely wonderful and ground breaking insight.

Please do us a favor and insert your head into a toilet and flush repeatedly.

Archived