Twins road uni error on first day

CubsFanBudMan

Well, the easy fix there is to get rid of those home jerseys and use the retro set full-time.

Gross. The retro Twins wordmark is even worse than the new road mark.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The retro set is fine for what it is... a retro set. The upgrades that they did to the wordmark, to make it more congruent with the serifs on the TC was great.

I am not a big fan of the Twins new road unis because there is nothing distinct about them. I loved the gray pinstripes because no one else (Rockies?) had them. They made the Twins road uniforms distinct from any angle.

Well, the easy fix there is to get rid of those home jerseys and use the retro set full-time.

Correct, the Rockies are the only team left with road pinstripes. Arizona used to have road pinstripes until their changes a few years ago.

As for the vests-the only pitcher who will probably choose to wear it will be Liriano. I am still surprised they kept the vests, since I swear besides myself I have only ever seen 1 authentic customized vest ever worn by a fan at a Twins game I have been at.

I still miss the road blue alt-my fav. Although my red Twins jersey is cool too!

True, the old wordmark is messy. However: 1)the retro jersey looks great despite that; and 2)the players commented that they like the retro jersey a lot. I think it was Paul Lukas who speculated that in the next few years the retro look would become the Twins' default primary home jersey. The best solution would be to make the new wordmark and numbers navy with a red outline on the home jersey. It would look better and there would be no need for the retro look.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

I've tried really hard to like the Twins road unis, but I simply just can't.

The Minnesota script just looks odd. Either its too small or just doesn't look good in a script font. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually prefer last years unis over these.

Got a good look at these for the first time yesterday. The "tail" is too long to not be connected to the a. It's OK on the home script, because it's a five letter word with the tail under the middle three, but on the road script, it just looks like it's supposed to be connected, but someone broke the connection. It really needs to be connected there, which, of course, means that the home script should too. I wouldn't advocate going to the throwback script, but a modernized version of it, or a modification of the current one would be fine.

Also, no problem that the numbers are red. It's fine - everything still goes together, and it makes the script stand out a little more.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived