2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Um, don't blame those players, blame Philadelphia's defense who is in the passing and shooting zones and not giving up quality chances. So for as much as you want to blame X, Y, or Z player, give credit where it's really due, to the opposing team who's defense is doing it's job.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blame Scott Gomez, Andrei Kostitsyn and Tomas Plecknec all haven't scored in 10+ games. You can't win a Stanley Cup unless everyone's contributing. You can get to the East Final on Goaltending and Mike Cammalleri playing out of his mind, but when it matters the most they're just not getting the goals from those other three key members of the the Canadiens.

The Habs are playing like they have literally run out of gas. During today's game, the puck just could not get fired into the net. With weather already approaching 30 degrees celcius over here, the players minds are probably more focused on vacation time than the freaking series. N.E.P. is right though. When Cammy or Gionta aren't scoring, no one is scoring. That's why Leighton has a unbelievable 3 shutouts in this series alone. 3 shutouts is totally ridiculous and unacceptable because not once did Leighton "steal" a game all by himself. The Habs just made life that damn easy for him.

It's quite bizarre the idea that one team can overcome the league's top 2 teams but fall to a team that barely made the playoffs by winning a shootout. Part of me still doesn't get it. I know it's not technically over, but with this kind of play, it appears already over to me.

Easy, Philly is doing everything to the Habs that the Habs did to the Caps and Pens. Halak has gone back to being human and Leighton is playing like Halak did against the Caps.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think the Flyers had a better roster than the Senators and Bruins. That they've done this well is surprising but not that surprising. Their chelonian defensive scheme helps, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Detouring to the low minors for a second, the Fort Wayne Komets won their third consecutive fake Turner Cup in the fake IHL last night, in front of more than 10,000 fans who obviously can't be bothered to think about the fact that their team plays in a league constructed solely to give their team championships, and to keep their team's owners from paying union dues.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Russia looks to be self destructing at the WHC.

I broke out laughing win the final horn was blown.

You bring over Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Malkin, Semin, Kovalchuk and whatever and you still can't beat a 38 Year old Jaromir Jagr led squad who only have two NHL skaters on the roster not counting Vokoun in net who was outstanding.

Russia doesn't win a damn thing this year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This was a sweep, but I'll give the Sharks credit that it was one of the most competitive sweeps I've watched in a long time. For whatever that's worth, I guess.

Goodbye San Jose! Go rest with your eternal fate of playoff eliminations!

Thank you, Chicago

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Goodbye San Jose! Go rest with your eternal fate of playoff eliminations!

I thought SoCal had a reputation for being classy.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Just when you thought it was safe to root for San Jose fans to smile, the Sharks choke again.

The Sharks are going to need a bigger boat on Memorial Day weekend, for fishing, while watching the finals.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Don't let the sweep fool you; this was a really tight series. Two one-goal wins, and this might as well have been if not for an empty-netter. The Sharks are a hell of a team and I've always gotten along really well with their fans. I feel bad that it had to end like this for them, but now it's time to be happy about Chicago sports for once.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived