Pitchfork

BupsJones

The pitchfork is fine. It's the "Order has been restored" that bugs me. I saw it on a t-shirt without the pitchfork as well.

I am not a Duke-hater, but there is some sort of arrogance to what I assume (given the swoosh) is licensed apparel that says that. If snotty fans or local radio hosts say that, it's one thing but to be on Duke merchandise almost says to me that "it's our right."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The pitchfork is fine. It's the "Order has been restored" that bugs me. I saw it on a t-shirt without the pitchfork as well.

I am not a Duke-hater, but there is some sort of arrogance to what I assume (given the swoosh) is licensed apparel that says that. If snotty fans or local radio hosts say that, it's one thing but to be on Duke merchandise almost says to me that "it's our right."

I think Nike's playing the "After three weeks of Madness..." card here. I doubt it's supposed to be overly arrogant. And I think any Nike team would have that same slogan on merchandise if they won the championship.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think Nike's playing the "After three weeks of Madness..." card here. I doubt it's supposed to be overly arrogant. And I think any Nike team would have that same slogan on merchandise if they won the championship.

I would have to respectfully disagree. The sense of entitlement exhibited by Dookies is mind-boggling.

I would have to respectfully disagree. The sense of entitlement exhibited by Dookies is mind-boggling.

Actually, he could be correct. Order being restored after the "madness" does make some sense. I don't know which is closer to the truth of why the chose it, but there is no doubt that there will be plenty of people interpreting it as I originally did.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Actually, he could be correct. Order being restored after the "madness" does make some sense. I don't know which is closer to the truth of why the chose it, but there is no doubt that there will be plenty of people interpreting it as I originally did.

I agree that it would be logical to connect March "Madness" with the restoration of order. But I have a hard time believing that had Butler prevailed, we would be seeing the same slogan on a Butler t-shirt.

It makes sense in the context of Duke's basketball history - they are a traditional hoops power that hasn't won a title in 9 years, so upon winning again, it could be said that "order has been restored." Combine that fact with their arrogance and entitlement, and it just all adds up to being Duke-specific.

That said, I AM a Duke-hater (Go Tar Heels!), so I could just be biased. But I believe my instinct is correct.

I agree that it would be logical to connect March "Madness" with the restoration of order. But I have a hard time believing that had Butler prevailed, we would be seeing the same slogan on a Butler t-shirt.

It makes sense in the context of Duke's basketball history - they are a traditional hoops power that hasn't won a title in 9 years, so upon winning again, it could be said that "order has been restored." Combine that fact with their arrogance and entitlement, and it just all adds up to being Duke-specific.

That said, I AM a Duke-hater (Go Tar Heels!), so I could just be biased. But I believe my instinct is correct.

Good point about the Butler t-shirt. Probably wouldn't see the slogan on a Butler shirt, and probably not on a West Virginia shirt either. But it's easy to see that slogan for a Michigan State, Syracuse, or another big-conference powerhouse.

Personally... I like Duke. Although the "Order has been restored" is awesome, Duke's success is relatively recent. I think it would make more sense on a Kentucky or UCLA sign wouldn't it?

EDIT: Juxtaposing Kentucky or UCLA won this last year.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Is this an actual logo produced by Nike? It just looks to me that the lines are very choppy to be something officially released by them...

I mean, really. The curves look awful. I like the idea and presentation, but it looks kinda tuuurrrrrible

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Arizona State should be disturb by Duke's use of a pitchfork.

I think the Blue Devils have been around a lot longer than the Sun Devils

That argument doesn't really hold up in a trademark lawsuit though, does it? Serious question...if Duke created a logo, but never trademarked it or the trademark expired before Arizona State trademarked a similar one, doesn't Duke still have the benefit of intellectual property law?

Archived