2011 NHL All Star concepts

dgnmrwrw

With the recent announcement that the NHL has (finally) awarded the Hurricanes the NHL All Star Game, I decided to develop a few concepts. Nothing too special here, just a basic All Star logo, with East and West uniforms.

Logo.png

The logo uses some obvious choices, from the Hurricanes typeface to the swirling portions of the logo around the type. I think it keeps the tradition of recent All Star logos. For the uniforms, I wanted to use modern elements--some of them from the Canes themselves--and pair those with old school looks. So there are some sweeping curves and italic type, but also lots of stars--on the waist, sleeve cuffs, and pants. And the crest is simply the NHL shield, like the league used to use. The home (East) wears Canes colors (red sweaters with black pants), while the road (West) wear the same style, but with red replaced by the Western Conference's blue. On the player's right shoulder is his team's logo, while the conference logo is on the left.

Uni-East.png

Uni-West.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The uniforms are really, really great. Simple, yet effective.

However, I am not sure about the script used on the logo. Either the font is too small or the outline is too big, and there seems to be an awful lot of space between the words too. Some minor tweaks to the logo would make this a perfect concept.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I love it, great work. However I see only two changes that I would make. For the logo, it seems a bit unbalanced, as there seems to be a large amount of black in the bottom left. I don't really know if that can be fixed though, maybe play with the text, resize it, or move it around a bit. Also, for the East jerseys, I think you should use the red from the East logo, instead of Carolina red. Only because the West is using West blue, I think it would make the jerseys more symmetrical. Great job as always!

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

I'll say it once & I'll say it again, someone needs to hire you. This is awesome stuff.

Awesome conceptual. I could most definitely see this being used. By the way, rvrdgsfn, love the profile avatar! Did you go to the home opener last night?

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Here's a quick update of the logo. I added a slight red 3D effect to the large type section in an attempt to bring more red into the logo, especially the bottom left. I also pulled in the "Carolina 2011" part closer to the center. Progress?

Logo2.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The logo is good and so are the jerseys. My only concern would be that they look too much like other all star games. The jerseys look like the '03 jerseys from Florida and the logo looks like '09's from Montreal IMO. But everything looks really good.

Archived