ATLANTA BLACK CRACKERS

ltjets21

In all honesty, I don't have an issue either. It's when white kids who normally dress in a particular mode of style walk around in Negro League paraphernalia that I shake my head.

I had a Black Crackers and a New York X Cubans shirt (separate shirts, not both on one) back in the mid 90's when Negro League licensing was just getting underway. I got them at a Canadian Walmart of all places for $9.94 each.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

In all honesty, I don't have an issue either. It's when white kids who normally dress in a particular mode of style walk around in Negro League paraphernalia that I shake my head.

I had a Black Crackers and a New York X Cubans shirt (separate shirts, not both on one) back in the mid 90's when Negro League licensing was just getting underway. I got them at a Canadian Walmart of all places for $9.94 each.

I know what you mean by that. I wouldn't wear it. But I do collect hats. I have over 100 and I have worn 2. Let's face it, some of the Negro League stuff looks really cool from a design standpoint.

I know what you mean by that. I wouldn't wear it. But I do collect hats. I have over 100 and I have worn 2. Let's face it, some of the Negro League stuff looks really cool from a design standpoint.

I wore my Chicago American Giants jersey when I went to see the White Sox and Mets play in the Civil Rights game down in Memphis. I got a lot of great feedback. I also wore it to the Negro League Hall of Fame in Kansas City. Again, I got a lot of great feedback.

I do believe there is a difference between my intentions and those of some others. I genuinely wore it out of respect.

I wore my Chicago American Giants jersey when I went to see the White Sox and Mets play in the Civil Rights game down in Memphis. I got a lot of great feedback. I also wore it to the Negro League Hall of Fame in Kansas City. Again, I got a lot of great feedback.

I do believe there is a difference between my intentions and those of some others. I genuinely wore it out of respect.

"I genuinely wore it out of respect"

Nice way to end your post, Waleslax.

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

It's sad how these things work sometimes. I was lucky enough to glom on to my wife's business trip to New Zealand a few years ago and bought a ballcap similar to this one:

31zPgXpHUKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The All Blacks are New Zealand's national rugby team and the name comes from their unis. They're best known perhaps for their

. Anyway, back home in the metro Atlanta area, I wore that hat out a few times and got some weird looks, as if it was some racial statement. I don't wear it any more.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

"Atlanta Black Crackers" is one of those names you'd wanna make up for a joke thread in Concepts only to find it actually happened.

Or the New Jersey Lady Stallions.

Chicago Packers anyone?

Archived