The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as far the the Twolves are concerned,

-they could not really change anything on the jersey, but only tweak it.

-only reason they most likely could do this is because the new mesh style adidas uniform,

-but they would have to pay a hefty fine if they wanted to change the piping and side panels on the uniform

-so for the allowed tweaking it has it's upgrades within the allowed changes.

-hopefully they will integrate the green in the new black alternate

-only reason they most likely could do this is because the new mesh style adidas uniform,

-but they would have to pay a hefty fine if they wanted to change the piping and side panels on the uniform

Do teams really get fined for changing side-paneling too early?

Nothing wrong with the Jazz uniforms design-wise. In fact, they're rather good and complete. My problem with them is that they look as if they belong in the 90's college basketball, being rather generic. Not feeling the whole retro-movement anyway that has taken place in the NBA with the Sixers' being a complete failure.

The Clippers did a decent job, but the collar logo would've served better on the back, allowing to move the wordmark up a bit. And not quite sure about that cut on the collar. The away jersey looks rather blank with the wordmark being that small, leaving a lot of negative space around.

And as most on here, don't like that the Wolves emitted green, becoming similar to Mavs/Magic. Their former jerseys and color scheme were good apart from the weird collar.

Do teams really get fined for changing side-paneling too early?

i think so, same way you can't introduce a alternate into the mix until a couple years later,

i think the initial reaction to the green being gone is overblown, (yes we had green tree collars on the kg era unis, but it barely stood out) last year uniforms were distracting especially the shorts (half was green, that is too much blocking of one color)

I think Clippers are a huge upgrade, while the Jazz are a huge downgrade.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Cavs Majority Owner gives hint to new Cavs uniforms... Or just showing a sense of humor?

Anyone know if Twittr will be offering Comic Sans font option soon? Cuz this Lucida Grande is killing me..btw new @cavs unis r in Comic Sans
http://twitter.com/cavsdan

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Clippers - Upgrade, love it. I've always like the simplicity of their brand, and now that they've brought it into 2010, I have to say that it's near perfection.

Jazz - Huge downgrade. Honestly people, you think that color scheme is good? My crazy opinions say that the good reception this unveiling is getting comes from the older gentlemen on these boards that like to feel nostalgic. Personally, the Jazz have the worst look in the league now. Yes, Goldenplate, errr Golden State looks better. Much better.

Wolves - Nice upgrade. Purely from a design standpoint, these are the best uniforms that the Wolves have ever had. They look awesome, though as stated before, no longer will stand out in a league full of blues. A little bummed that they lost the tree trim, but hey. The best thing the T-Wolves could do is go back to the KG era unis and update them with the new wordmark and number font.

Mavs - Not better, not worse. If anything I would say they are an upgrade. I just have a problem with change for no reason. Overall, they look nice.

Cavs - Downgrade, but I like it. No more LeBron, time to move on. I'm fine with this change.

If those Cavs replicas are anywhere near the authentics, words can't describe how giant of a downgrade they are. That "All for One, One for All" crap on the collar is straight embarrassing.

And what is up with the giant numerals on the front of the new Dallas homes?

I thought the Wolves were bad......

p7419969dt.jpg

p7419976dt.jpg

Oh. My. God. Those Cleveland jerseys are awful. Even though only the replicas have been released, I can already tell that the Cavs have downgraded their uniforms by 100%, if not more. Their new uniforms are travesties to the NBA. By far, worst uniform in the NBA.

If those Cavs replicas are anywhere near the authentics, words can't describe how giant of a downgrade they are.

Yeah. I would have to agree. I think if they cleaned up the old wordmark, used the new colors, and ditched the navy, they could of put nicer uniforms together.

The neck and sleeve trim are a throw back to the original "Feather C" uniform... which is a nice tribute, but doesnt flow well. I don't like how the white uniform has yellow and red trim, but the red uniform has red and yellow trim. I would have liked to see yellow numbers on the white jersey, and white numbers on the red jersey. I like when teams make the numbers a different color than the script and NOB.

The only thing the Cavs uni's having going for them are their simplicity and colors. I think the red and yellow play great off eachother. The wordmarks are simple, but they look nice (ignoring the previous wordmarks).

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

So what is the T-Wolves primary logo now? Their website highlights the wolf head. And then there's the howling alt logo, but neither has their full name, which I think is required. So is there something coming or are they still using the primary with the green trees?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So what is the T-Wolves primary logo now? Their website highlights the wolf head. And then there's the howling alt logo, but neither has their full name, which I think is required. So is there something coming or are they still using the primary with the green trees?

They are still using the primary they have been using for the past couple of years (the one with green trees).

Archived