Bobcat Logo

raysox

Just another request I was asked to do. But here's a bobcat logo I was working on. I tried to keep it symmetrical for the most part. Then, I tried to differ it from other Bobcat logos in use. Personally, I think the top part is fine, but the bottom white area is weird kinda. Can I get some C&C? Or if you just feel like looking, you can admire my sig! Meh, I'm bored.

Bobcat.png

I think the bottom looked better before. As for the nodes, the one i notice is in the ear. starting at the top of the head, theres a line that follows the yellow part, but then it stops, and a new line starts, which goes up to the top of the ear. If there was only one line from the top of the head to the tip of the ear, it would look better IMO.

I mean more right here on the ears:

bobcatexample.png

And the eyes look a bit better, and i think the bottom part on the first version is the best, it looks really good.

Ohhhhhh, THERE.

For some reason, I was thinking how it was a little blocky on the top part of the ears.

Bobcat4.png

Hmm? changed the ear part, the eyes, and still am toying with the bottom.

My biggest issue with it is it's all too solid and smooth. Last I checked Bobcats were furry, so where's the texture on him? Rough him up a bit, give the fur tufts, even the highlights are smooth and solid, right now it looks like someone's slapped hairwax on the little guy, he's all slicked down.

Proportionally it's pretty good but he needs texture and the bottom teeth could do with being thicker (prob wouldn't make them much taller) or they'll start to fill in and disappear if the logo is reduced much further.

**Edit** Oh yeah and please ditch the box round him, it might only be for "presentation" on the boards and not actually be part of the logo but it does nothing to improve the presentation, and certainly shouldn't be part of the logo. **

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

this is a good progression. the eyes were the biggest thing that bothered me on the original.

I kind of feel like the facial features are too close together around the center. Something about it still looks a tiny bit disproportioned, and I think that might be why...

the alternate looks good

How is this?

Bobcat5.png

I agreed with niner on the edges, that might've been what was missing. Here are some alternate logos I was trying out since I was asked

Better, but make them bigger!

If you reduce the logo here to 50% it's current size, which is not that small and a size you'd be required to use it at more often than you might expect, the fur details will pretty much all but disappear and you're right back to where you were with the first draft. It's a logo you can afford to be bold with it.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Your design has really taken steps in the right direction. Very nicely done! Simple and clean looking.

Well done raysox!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived