Nuggets & Timberwolves

Nick 1733

Who will win, Denver or Minnesota?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Timberwolves are due to win a playoff series and they will they might have to sweat for a while but I dont see it going more then 7 games. Tommorow Ill post all my first round NBA Playoof preidtcions.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Timberwolves are due to win a playoff series and they will they might have to sweat for a while but I dont see it going more then 7 games. Tommorow Ill post all my first round NBA Playoof preidtcions.

i certainly hope it wouldn't go MORE than 7 games.... :P

I'm saying Denver in 7 because they are on a roll.

You call winning 6 out of the last 10 games a roll? Especially when the last one they played they lost by 26!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'm saying Denver in 7 because they are on a roll.

You call winning 6 out of the last 10 games a roll? Especially when the last one they played they lost by 26!

Well, considering that Skita played over 25 minutes, and the starters all played barely over 20 (Camby didn't play at all), I'm not sure we can count the last game there.

Wolves in 6. Nugs will steal one of the first two in Minnesota, go up 2-1 after game 3, and then the Wolves will realize they're better and pull away.

SyPhi,

They changed it last year to best of 7. More money plus less odds of an upset.

Gee I wonder who I want to win... hmmmm

Hey Josh, this is a good place to ask then. I thought I read on ESPN Insider that Wally World is barely getting off of the bench for Minnesota. Is that correct or is he still gonna be getting quality minutes, especially with Hudson out?

Well, considering that Skita played over 25 minutes, and the starters all played barely over 20 (Camby didn't play at all), I'm not sure we can count the last game there.

Oh I'm sorry, let's not count that game because it doesn't meet your criteria! ALL GAMES COUNT! The Nuggets got their asses kicked and life continues to go on!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

i certainly hope it wouldn't go MORE than 7 games.... :P

Maybe not, but it'll go at least 4.

:P:D

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Aren't first round series in the NBA best-of-5s?

They used to be. I think last year was the first year of seven-game series in the first round.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

yeah. I remember people were complaining about it being a 7 game series cuz' if i remember correctly, it took over 2 weeks to complete the first round because of the days between games.

And yes, the Spurs game COUNTED, but it did not matter. The Nuggets had nothing to gain and the Spurs were still playing for something, if I remember correctly. I get the feeling that the T-Wolves team, with the exception of Garnett, may underestimate the Nuggets... but that's just a hunch on my part! I'm not saying it will, i'm saying i have a feeling.

Now... The X-Factor's in the series are the play of Sam Cassell, Earl Boykins, Carmelo Anthony, and Latrell Sprewell.

Reasoning...

Carmelo/Latrell - Latrell has to shut down Carmelo in this series and I don't think he'll do too great of a job of that.

Boykins/Cassell - Earlier in the season when they played, Boykins forced Cassell to committ 7 turnovers.

If the Nuggets run, I think they'll win this series.

IUe6Hvh.png

When it's all said and done this is how I see it.........the Nuggets are a very talented team and they can win against big teams but can they win against the T-Wolves in a best of 7 game series? My answer, NO! Maybe a 5 game series but the T-Wolves are too stacked to have the Nuggets beat them 4 out of 7 times. Garnett & Cassell are coming off of their best seasons by far and I think this is finally their season to win a playoff series!

Retired Number's To Come

Yeah, but remember... Denver, right now, will be the biggest home court advantage in the league. I say this because...

a. The fans are gonna be going wild, based on the atmosphere regarding the Nuggets and the reaction when they MADE the playoffs.

b. The Nuggets game is running. They are the 2nd best running team in the league behind the Nets and they are conditioned better than any team in the league to run. If they run all over the T-Wolves, the T-Wolves aren't used to the high altitude that is Denver, Colorado.

So that's reason to think the Nuggets have a chance.

IUe6Hvh.png

Wow, this is like homer central.

On that note:

I think the Winnipeg Jets have a chance to win the Stanley Cup this year. Seriously. Bob Goodenow's really starting to get under Bettman's skin, and seeing Bettman's commitment to ruining hockey, he may cancel the playoffs. Bob Goodenow realizes Bettman means business, and concedes a huge reduction of salaries, etc. By this time, many southern teams have folded, and in the rubble that remains, Dany Heatley, Ilya Kovalchuk, Martin St. Louis, Vincent Lecavalier, and Marc-Andre Fleury all get hit in the head by meteorites and realize life's too short without playing hockey in Winnipeg and their new arena. In the reformed NHL, the regular season has been cut by a third, and so, if the boys play like they can, and skate hard against the trap, I'm fully expecting a cup in 2005! I guarantee it*!

(I meant a calendar year, BTW.)

*not an actual guarantee. no purchase necessary. some conditions apply. see in store for more details.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived