South Carolina United FC

mdc4matt

Hey guys this is my first concept post on these boards. I've Been a long time follower and decided to start posting.

This is a concept I have been working on for a youth club team named South Carolina United FC. I have included a primary monogram logo as well as the logo in crest form, as it would appear on the kits (I was greatly inspired by Inter Milan's crest for this part). C&C would be greatly appreciated.

monogram_1.png

Note: The crest has been reduced to just one color both for simplification and because the other colors will feature prominently on the kit.

I'm thinking in your attempt to interlock some letters, you actually made new letters. I see a G on the right side and an L where the U is supposed to be. I'd try to mess around with it a little more.

Still, pretty intriguing, though.

honestly the spaces HELP - it's the multiple drop shadows that are clunking everything up. The U is causing problems right now. You could create a very very subtle U by making a gap in the inner circle of the crest shape, and then have your monogram be just the interlocking SC.

OD_Signature.jpg

Agree with Gordie. Also, have you considered using the palmetto? It's that tree you see on SC's flag.

This.

The palmetto is so iconic, I don't see why you wouldn't want to include it. And I partially agree with Mac's point... THREE interlocking letters rarely, if ever, work. Although making each one a different color does help with the legibility.

I love interlocking monograms, so here's my suggestion for that: Ditch the U and go with just SC, then arch United or United FC below it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The monogram reminds me of this:

29_richyung.gif

The palmetto crest looks awesome.

Yea Scotty, Davidson posted that sometime ago under his inspiration thread and that was the look I was trying to play off of in creating my own monogram. I really liked the look.

I think I am going to stick with the Palmetto crest at this point, however.

I really like that Palmetto crest, the only thing that bothers me is the shading on the blue side. It makes it look like its raised on the blue side, but flat on the red side.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived