Professional Basketball/Football Crossover

Phitin

So I had the idea to do a little project for a crossover between the NFL and NBA, creating the National Football Association (NFA) and the National Basketball League (NBL). I had a few team pairings that I wanted to do based on logos/colors/etc. The first one I've done is converting the Chicago Bulls into the NFA, using the St. Louis Rams as a template. This is the first concept I've ever done in Inkscape, and I know I can use improvement in many areas before I can start making my own fantasy team logos.

At first I was going to pair up the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bulls due to the similarities between the Viking horn and the Bull horn, but I thought that the helmets would end up looking too similar. Instead I chose the Rams, because I could a picture a general outline in my head of what the Chicago Bull's head would look like in place of the Ram's head. One tricky part of this was the fact that the Bull's secondary logo color is darker than their primary, unlike the Ram's blue and gold scheme. Overall, however, I am pleased with how my first concept went.

As far as the future, I'm not sure how many more of these I'll do. I'm going away in a couple of days, and I might lose interest altogether. This was a fun little project to begin, though. Regardless, here are the Chicago Bulls of the NFA:

bullsr.png

I would love some criticism, but remember I'm new to this, so go easy on me! :D

phitinsig.png

Might want to put a nose ring on the bull, since that's usually a stereotypical feature of most bulls. On top of that, I also think the logo is a bit too plain. It's just so... red. The Rams' primary logo is interesting because it has curling horns, white spaces to break up the blue and then a gold outline. I feel like the head of the bull needs something. It looks too dull just being a red space.

I think it'd look cool if you worked the pentagon from their shorts in there somewhere.

Agreed it would tie this whole thing together.

I'm pretty sure the idea here is to make the NBA team look like the NFL team. Notice there's no elements from basketball on the uniforms besides team name and colors. I think it looks great as is.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived