Orioles Concept

Moseph

I haven't made any concepts in a while, so I decided to redo the Orioles uniforms. I think their current set looks good, but I loved the retros they wore a couple of weeks back and wanted to make something using ideas from both. I have always liked the black and white hat from back in the day, but I think the modern bird is a better logo than the cartoon bird in this day and age, so I stuck with that logo as he primary.

For the home uniforms, I changed the front of the hat to white because I think it is a real clean look. I used the current Orioles script because it is more streamlined than the old one, and I changed the logo on the sleeve to the 1966-1988 logo for a little bit of a retro feel. I also went with black letters for the last name as was on the retros. I also added the piping to it to give it a sort of modern look.

Os2011HatHomepng.png

OriolesHome2011png.png

For the road uniform, I stuck with the current cap, because the white on my new home cap wouldn't look good with the gray of the jersey. This jersey is like is the same as the home jersey, just with Baltimore across the front.

Os2011HatRoadpng.png

OriolesRoad2011png.png

The alternate jersey is now orange, that way they don't have to keep wearing their batting practice jerseys. This uniform uses the alternate at, were the "O's" logo replaces the bird.

Os2011HatAlternateSundaypng.png

OriolesAlternate2011png.png

I also added a Sunday alternate, because I din't want to lose the black jersey

Os2011HatAlternateSundaypng.png

OriolesAlternateSunday2011png.png

I also came up with this idea for the alternate jersey, but if I went this route the team would have to use four hats, and I think that is too much.

Os2011HatAlternate3png.png

OriolesAlternate-2-2011png.png

And last by not least, I would like to thank JayJackson for his awesome template.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

I really like the change on the home hats, but I feel that with this braided piping, the jerseys are getting too busy and crowded (especially on the orange and black alternates). Maybe instead of having this piping come all the way down the chest you could have piping on the sleeves and collar.

I also think that the numbers are too big, try sizing them down a bit, and I think it will help a lot.

RockiesSig.png

These are pretty good. I love the black and white hat, and I'm glad you took the script off the right sleeve. Just a few criticisms: I agree with skier14 that the collar piping should just surround the collar and not go all the way down, like the Pirates and Giants unis. Also, on the orange uni I would make the numbers and "O's" black, and on both alternates I would line up the "O's" and the number right next to each other (that's just a personal preference). And scrap the cartoon bird uniform - five uniforms is one too many.

Nice work though!

I really like the change on the home hats, but I feel that with this braided piping, the jerseys are getting too busy and crowded (especially on the orange and black alternates). Maybe instead of having this piping come all the way down the chest you could have piping on the sleeves and collar.

I also think that the numbers are too big, try sizing them down a bit, and I think it will help a lot.

I wasn't completely sold on the piping either, and it will probably look better the way you describe. I will have to update them later. I wasn't sure how big to make the numbers because I have never made a baseball jersey, but I will scale them down.

These are pretty good. I love the black and white hat, and I'm glad you took the script off the right sleeve. Just a few criticisms: I agree with skier14 that the collar piping should just surround the collar and not go all the way down, like the Pirates and Giants unis. Also, on the orange uni I would make the numbers and "O's" black, and on both alternates I would line up the "O's" and the number right next to each other (that's just a personal preference). And scrap the cartoon bird uniform - five uniforms is one too many.

Nice work though!

I thought the "O's" might look good white, but I will try them in black. Also, it wouldn't be five uniforms, it would be just four. There would only be one orange one. I originally made the ones with the cartoon bird for something different and retro, but then there would have to be four hats, so I made the orange one with the "O's" logo so it would use the hat from the black ones. And do you think it would look better with the number up high with the "O's" logo, or move the "O's" logo down?

very nice I really like how all of your hats have an orange bill

Yeah, I have always liked that look.

I think the Orioles should use their vintage logo on their uniforms.

I thought it might be a cool alternate, but I dodn't want to make it the primary because the realistic bird fits the modern era better.

With the home ...

OriolesHome2011png.png

... and away ...

OriolesRoad2011png.png

I think I would make "Orioles" and "Baltimore" black while keeping the orange numbers. (Similar to what's on the back.)

I would also go with the birdie orange jersey over the O's orange jersey.

Nicely done. Although I think you're missing a pair of pants ...

al_1972_baltimore.gif

(Can you imagine what Boog Powell looked wearing those?)

Packers-2.png

Solid. But drop the O's. We call them that but I do not know anyone that wants to see that O's logo on anything. It would be like the Yankees using "yanks" or the Nationals using "Nats". On the orange unis the try black white black piping. On the black it should be orange white orange piping. You could replace the O's hat with a B hat. Also just the swinging bird logo is fine you don't need the Baltimore Orioles around the outside. The number placement on the O's and bird head jerseys seems odd.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I'd say that with the piping, just go single-color with it. Probably go with orange piping on the home and road, orange on the black alt, and black on the orange alt. And I also agree with dropping the O's logo. Maybe take the B in the Baltimore script and treat it as a stand-alone hat logo, like the Indians did with the I. Other than that, I love the return of the alt hat and the alt logo.

VmWIn6B.png

I absolutely love this and have even stated on here how I wish they'd use the panels of the 80s hats with a new logo. Your home cap is perfection.

I also love the cartoon bird, so using him as the alt is a great idea.

I do not like the "O's" logo they use on their current real-life alts, so I'd prefer to lose them for the cartoon bird alt.

Great work.

87Redskins.png

I agree with everyone else. The piping is too busy and also drop the O's. I've often thought just an O with out the 's, would look really nice (on a hat anyway, maybe not a jersey, not sure I'd have to see it). I'd go with either that or a B instead. I also think the lettering and numbers would look better in black than white on the orange jerseys.

I do really like the black lettering with orange numbers, I've alway thought the O's should go back to that. Overall, I think its a great modern yet classic look. Those small tweaks could make it look really nice.

I went back and took what some of you guys said and redid my uniform concept. I redid the piping on the home jersey and it is now a much cleaner look. I downsized the numbers a little and added a set of pants. I used the same piping on the pants as the jersey and I went with the retro socks. These pants will also be worn for the alternates.

Os2011HatHomepng.png

OriolesHome2011Updatepng.png

OriolesHomePantspng.png

I did the same thing to the road jerseys as the home to give it a cleaner look.

Os2011HatRoadpng.png

OriolesRoad2011Updatepng.png

OriolesRoadPantspng.png

For the alternate jerseys, I decided to stick with the cartoon bird logo to pay homage to the old days. I eliminated the front numbers because I didn't like them, and I changed up the striping pattern. I also changed the colors on the numbers on the orange jersey and it looks much better. The black jersey would be for sunday home games only.

Os2011HatAlternate3png.png

OriolesAlternate2011Updatepng.png

OriolesAlternateSunday2011Updatepng.png

This looks much better! Personally, I would have kept the piping consistent through all the jerseys, but since you went with the throwback logo you could say they're different unis, so the piping can be different. Good update though!

I tried the consistent piping but the alternates looked kind of empty seeing as they don't have a wordmark across the front. I felt that that style piping added a bit to the jerseys.

Archived