2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday's predictions:

Nevada def Boise State 38-35

I hope that actually happens. I would love to see how "Dim Lights" would react to it. After all the only flaw in his team is their special teams coverage. How he'd explain a loss to Nevada would be poetry.

So Infra, how'd I do?... :rolleyes:

BTW, good call on Boise's sh1tty special teams!

6uXNWAo.png

Boise State,

Gordon Gee had a point, didn't he? You are "a cute little story". Enjoy your Kraft Fights Hunger Bowl, and let the real teams worry about playing for the national championship. Some 4-loss Big East team is going to a BCS game, and your sorry asses are going to a bowl game no one cares about, all because you couldn't take care of business. Merry Christmas!

Signed,

College football reality

You know what makes the NCAA Basketball Tournament so great anyone can win it. This year Butler came with in an eyelash of beating Duke, wasn't that a wonderful thing? Why should the same conferences hold a monopoly on the BCS? Look at the Big Least, UConn may go to a BCS Bowl. I don't know about you but when I see UConn football I have a reflex action to change the channel.

And for the record I am now pulling for TCU.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Auburn won't lose to SC.

Oregon may lose to Oregon State, in-state rival nothing would make Beaver Nation happier than muck and :censored: things up for the ducks.

Oregon State is the ultimate bipolar team this year. They beat good teams like my AZ Wildcats, then lose by 17 to Washington St, who if you have pay some attention to the Pac-10 the last three years, have been flat-out awful, then look like world beaters against a decent USC team. They are the ultimate giant killers, though(Remember 06 and 08 against USC, and sent #2 Cal on its downward spiral in 07)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Boise State,

Gordon Gee had a point, didn't he? You are "a cute little story". Enjoy your Kraft Fights Hunger Bowl, and let the real teams worry about playing for the national championship. Some 4-loss Big East team is going to a BCS game, and your sorry asses are going to a bowl game no one cares about, all because you couldn't take care of business. Merry Christmas!

Signed,

College football reality

You know what makes the NCAA Basketball Tournament so great anyone can win it. This year Butler came with in an eyelash of beating Duke, wasn't that a wonderful thing? Why should the same conferences hold a monopoly on the BCS? Look at the Big Least, UConn may go to a BCS Bowl. I don't know about you but when I see UConn football I have a reflex action to change the channel.

Butler was ranked #8 in the polls going into the tournament.

Oh, and a couple of things Lights Out will point to...

-The Kick Catch Interference penalty in the 3rd quarter taking away a Boise TD

-The Field Goal was really good

-The "Icing of Brotzman" by the officials

Just a couple things to ponder. Anyways, they're pretty happy in Fort Worth right about now aren't they?

6fQjS3M.png

Friday's predictions:

Nevada def Boise State 38-35

I hope that actually happens. I would love to see how "Dim Lights" would react to it. After all the only flaw in his team is their special teams coverage. How he'd explain a loss to Nevada would be poetry.

So Infa, how'd I do?... :rolleyes:

BTW, good call on Boise's sh1tty special teams!

Perfection my man. Sheer perfection. You damn near got the score right. I can't wait to see what our boy has to say about this. What makes it art is that we all tried to tell him to back off a bit and he just wouldn't have any of it. Oh well. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we never hear from him again.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Also, again, just goes to show how much a kicker can effect a teams fate. If Kaeding had hit just 2 of his field goals, San Diego would be in the final four and given their history against the Colts, who knows how it would've turned out. Boise State could've been at worst in the Rose Bowl, but now probably won't even make that.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

-The second missed field goal was really good

-Boise State didn't know the rules of overtime

-The turf wasn't blue enough

6uXNWAo.png

Boise State,

Signed,

College football reality

And for the record I am now pulling for TCU.

Isn't it past your bed time?

BB52Big.jpg

Oh gotcha Tank, I know what ya mean now. Those Ricks shirts were pretty cool come to think of it!

So now I wonder - and I'm not saying this is either fair or unfair - if Moore's Heisman stock drops after tonight? I'm not saying he isn't worthy of the award, but to be frank and realistic, he'd have needed Boise to go undefeated to win it. Its unfortunate, but true. And even then, he'd still have a tough time. Consider that Alex Smith and Colt Brennan couldn't win it under the same circumstances.

Perhaps this is Andrew Luck's "lucky" day and finally gets a break into the top 3, who knows?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wow. What a game and what a day of football. Such a great playoff vibe and great atmosphere at all the games. It's like we got to see a preview of this year's playof... O wait.

This Boise lose pains me to see. Not because I'm a Boise fan, but because now the arrogant, money hungry, a-holes like Gordon Gee are going to say how right they are. The BCS is such a fraud. Instead of watching actual good football like we saw today, we're going to be stuck watching a God awful Big East team play some boring predictable Big Ten team. Get a playoff system now.

End of my rant. Sorry.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Refs icing the kicker...give me a break, all he had to do was kick it straight, he didn't even need to worry about power :P

Also I don't think Kellen Moore should be Boise's Heisman candidate, it should be Brotzman!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

-The second missed field goal was really good

-Boise State didn't know the rules of overtime

-The turf wasn't blue enough

The one thing he won't reference; his team scored three fewer points than Nevada did. When that happens it's a good bet that you'll lose. Championship teams put the pedal down and hang 48 on you after you thought you were in the game for a while. Championship teams come back from a 21-0 deficit to win. Championship teams don't blow 17 point leads.

BB52Big.jpg

If I was a TCU fan, I'd be bouncing off the walls. All they have to do is beat 1-10 New Mexico & they're goin to a BCS bowl. Beat UNM & chaos occurs in the top 2, & TCU plays for the 'ship. It's a win-win situation for em. All they have to do is not lay one of the biggest eggs in college football history & they will at least have 2 straight years of BCS bowls & maybe a title shot. Either way, TCU seems poised to be flying high after another good season.

Or they could be like lights out/tank & start crying lawsuit, so who knows? :P

Wow. What a game and what a day of football. Such a great playoff vibe and great atmosphere at all the games. It's like we got to see a preview of this year's playof... O wait.

This Boise lose pains me to see. Not because I'm a Boise fan, but because now the arrogant, money hungry, a-holes like Gordon Gee are going to say how right they are. The BCS is such a fraud. Instead of watching actual good football like we saw today, we're going to be stuck watching a God awful Big East team play some boring predictable Big Ten team. Get a playoff system now.

End of my rant. Sorry.

+1

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

End of my rant. Sorry.

Two things. First, if we had a playoff then none of today's games would have mattered as much. I'm not saying we shouldn't have a playoff. I'm just pointing out the reality. Second, Gordon Gee was right.

BB52Big.jpg

After a Boise breakdown and 3 or 4 "Lights Out for Boise State" posts, we have a Riot in RenoTM!! Truly a shocker. However, if BSU doesn't get in a semi-decent bowl, Lights Out would have an excuse to be upset. They deserve more than a Kraft Fights Hunger Bowl.

Archived