New Cflpa Logo

smackyeah

...and I don't like that much at all. You know why? Because they went the stupid 'overtly thrust-it-in-your-face' Canadian imagery, and completely missed out on the subtle cool things they could've done. Like the stripes on the football. Not a ridiculous maple leaf on the helmet. The "CFL Pro Players" text is alright by me, nothing special, but that's okay. The rest of the logo however looks very bush league to me.

What's so great about Todd McFarlane? I'd take a sterling, nitroseed, rozilla, or Bosack over McFarlane on any day of the week. I don't like what McFarlane did for the Oilers, and if he did in fact do this logo, I can with certainty say that I don't like his style.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I tend to agree Sy--although MacFarlane did some amazing work on Spider-Man, the Hulk, and Infinity Inc...but comics are not the same as sports logos...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

comics are not the same as sports logos...

Amen. Sports logos are an entirely different game.

Myself, I make what I think are top-notch corporate ID graphics.. but sports logos? I have a TON to learn.

McFarlane is a phenominal cartoon artist. Sports logos? Not so much.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

in comic books every thing is exaggerated and the style for sports logos right now is to use simple stylizing effects, where the logo is smooth yet sharp. The two worlds clash

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Todd McFarlane is the guy who created Spawn, the comic series... and thus is quite a rich guy apparently... and that's about all I know about him (that and I don't like his style). You could google-search for him, and find out about as much as you care to (and probably more).

Thanks for the heads-up smackyeah. That's one awesome avatar you've got. Go Blue!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

"Where can I find out about-"

Google.

"Yeah, but I wanted to know if they ever-"

Google

"OK, but who is-"

Google

"Can I see if it was-"

Google.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Who is this Todd McFarlane dude? Anybody care to post the link to his portfolio site? Thanks.

Spawn.com. He also did the Oilers 3rds and his company produces sports figures along with the comic book/movie toy line.

Thanks for the heads-up smackyeah. That's one awesome avatar you've got. Go Blue!

Thanks Sy, love your stuff.

"Where can I find out about-"

Google.

"Yeah, but I wanted to know if they ever-"

Google

"OK, but who is-"

Google

"Can I see if it was-"

Google.

Where can I find out what google is???

:D:D

Look it up on Google... :D

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I love Googlism..

"google is a harsh mistress"

LOL!

ΓΔΒ!

Archived