Blue Jays 80's Night

Has2916

I would assume yes, if for nothing more than the fact that they actually have an 80s throwback. If they didnt have a throwback already made that the players wore, then I would be inclined to say no.

It is wierd that they wouldnt mention it in the promotion though.. usually i think teams do that, to get more fans to come out.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

If they are to wear the powder blues, it will be nice but I was hoping for the white 80's jersey with the logo in the middle under the arched Blue Jays. Complete with elastic waistband on the pants.

Sweet? Hardly. The World Series era set was sweet. The retro alternates the Jays wear are based off of the 1979-88 roads, which in turn were a variation of a cheaply made uniform set made to compensate for a late name change (they were originally scheduled to take the field as the Blues). The throwbacks they were as alternates are really just glorified little league uniforms.

Now the World Series set? Bring that back full time.

Sweet? Hardly. The World Series era set was sweet. The retro alternates the Jays wear are based off of the 1979-88 roads, which in turn were a variation of a cheaply made uniform set made to compensate for a late name change (they were originally scheduled to take the field as the Blues). The throwbacks they were as alternates are really just glorified little league uniforms.

So, explain to me how the World Series set is better when the only changes to it is that it's grey and button down? It's the same uniform.

So, explain to me how the World Series set is better when the only changes to it is that it's grey and button down? It's the same uniform.

No it's not. The giant logo dead centre under the wordmark on a pull-over screams bush league. The button down look with the smaller logo off to the player's left looks much more professional.

Well, I see what you mean, but I dont always equate winning years with better uniforms.

It has little to nothing to do with winning years. It has everything to do with the pullover-centred giant logo jerseys looking cheap and bush league.

For the record, the Jays were in their sweet retro blues...

I was more interested in those 80's video graphics on the video displays ^_^ Too bad the Orioles didn't play along...

Is that even the visiting team's choice? I thought the home team would provide any TBTC uniforms to the visitors.

The Blue Jays' WS-era roads were among the best baseball uniforms of all time IMO. I hate mascot-based logos on uniforms and caps, but it works really well in their case.

The home uniform was great too, but I like the single-word of TORONTO going across the front rather than the split-by-button-placket BLUE__JAYS.

I'm not sure about the white-front cap either. I don't dislike it, but I think the blue is better. I wouldn't complain if they brought back a new white-front cap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sweet? Hardly. The World Series era set was sweet. The retro alternates the Jays wear are based off of the 1979-88 roads, which in turn were a variation of a cheaply made uniform set made to compensate for a late name change (they were originally scheduled to take the field as the Blues).

They were never going to take the field as the Blues (that was just the preference of Paul Godfrey), if anything they were closer to taking the field as the Toronto Giants... Late name change? They announced the name in August of the previous season, they had plenty of time.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

For the record, the Jays were in their sweet retro blues...

I was more interested in those 80's video graphics on the video displays ^_^ Too bad the Orioles didn't play along...

Is that even the visiting team's choice? I thought the home team would provide any TBTC uniforms to the visitors.

The visitors are under no obligation to play along. The Dodgers routinely decline to participate (the Giants tried it on them a few years a go - I think it was related to the Shot Heard 'Round The World -, and LA told them to essentially to "Go To Hell").

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I'm not a Blue Jays fan (though I certainly don't hate them by any means), but I would throw a mini-party if the Blue Jays went back to wearing these uniforms again.

alomar_roberto_big_381.jpgmlb_a_alomar1_sw_576.jpg

If they had never changed, these uniforms would be classics right now.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm not a Blue Jays fan (though I certainly don't hate them by any means), but I would throw a mini-party if the Blue Jays went back to wearing these uniforms again.

alomar_roberto_big_381.jpgmlb_a_alomar1_sw_576.jpg

If they had never changed, these uniforms would be classics right now.

For all the retro nights the Jays have had over the years they've only worn the World Series era uniforms ONCE, every other flashback has been either to 1977 or 1979, you know - the team's worst seasons.

Anyways, they brought them out for one night in August of 2009, and they looked as sweet as ever

7335_272653350050_583265050_9111775_4331020_n.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived