Another attempt at the Yankees

Lights Out

nyy.png

nyy2.png

nyy3.png

This time around, no goofy 1920's lettering or any of that. I think this is a more realistic concept for the Yankees. The Yankees' cap logo under this look functions as the primary logo and is used everywhere - the cap, the jersey, the helmet, print media, etc. It just looks the nicest out of all the versions of the interlocking NY that the Yankees use. The gray color the Yankees use is replaced by a blue-silver that I thought matched really well with their navy. Finally, there's a navy alternate even though the likes of loogodude will protest loudly. I used the Yankees' actual script font for the scripts because it's sadly underused.

The trim on the sleeves is that little fence thing that old Yankee Stadium had all around in its graphical rendition from 2008 All-Star Game logo. I thought it would make a nice tribute to old Yankee Stadium and looked classy as sleeve piping. It also functions as a tribute to George Steinbrenner on the alternate, with his initials on one of the sleeves.

The cap stays the exact same as it is currently. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You know, I have to say that the frieze sleeves are an interesting idea, if only on the greys. My only concern would be rendering those details. Using the cursive wordmark for a city script isn't the worst idea, either. Now I know the Yankees, among other teams, once used those old-style numbers, but as they've been abandoned by everyone but the Red Sox, they've become virtually proprietary. That's my only concern with the numbers. That I'm fairly receptive to this road uniform is high praise from me, someone who thinks the perfect Yankee road shirt is a plain grey shirt with no white outlines around the city and number and no sleeve piping.

I'm not averse to the Yankees using their team name on their practice shirts, either.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thanks everybody!

As far as the frieze is concerned, Majestic had no trouble rendering it on the 2008 Home Run Derby uniforms. And as for the numbers, they aren't exactly the same as the Red Sox numbers, as they're thicker and differently-shaped although similar in style.

You can't improve on what they currently have.

Au contraire... no uniform is untouchable.

xLmjWVv.png

Not liking the armbands, and why are you using the same number font as their biggest rival?

The New York font on the road looks pretty good.

If I say I don't think the Yankees should have an alternate, are you going to start crying again? Anyway, I think your alternate actually looks pretty good here.

Downgrade overall IMO, don't get your panties in a bunch, it's nothing personal, I just don't like what you've done as compared to what they currently wear.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That's definitely a very interesting take on the Yanks. But, I'm pretty sure that if Yankees fans had to have Red Sox numbers on their uniform, they'd never be Yankees fans again. The fence peaks my interest, but I can't decide it's a little bit much or whether it's genious.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I think the arched fence is one of those ideas that seems like a good idea until its actually placed on the jersey and it doesnt really work. I think that it's ok on the blue one and if they decided to go blue ever, it would work. On the other two it's too much. and too much detail in that fence.. and the numbers should be changed to not be the same as the red sox as others have already mentioned. i do like the idea of the New York script on the aways.

Not liking the armbands, and why are you using the same number font as their biggest rival?

The New York font on the road looks pretty good.

If I say I don't think the Yankees should have an alternate, are you going to start crying again? Anyway, I think your alternate actually looks pretty good here.

Downgrade overall IMO, don't get your panties in a bunch, it's nothing personal, I just don't like what you've done as compared to what they currently wear.

The yankees had them before the Sox did

1933-Babe-Ruth-All-Star-Game-Worn-Jersey-back.jpg

jersey number font that is

why are you using the same number font as their biggest rival?

You can't put the Boston Red Sox number font on the Yankees uniforms.

But, I'm pretty sure that if Yankees fans had to have Red Sox numbers on their uniform, they'd never be Yankees fans again.

and the numbers should be changed to not be the same as the red sox as others have already mentioned.

As I've already explained, it's not the same as the Red Sox font. It's similar in style, but different in the details, kind of like how Arial and Helvetica are only similar in style. The shape and thickness of the numbers are different.

And as far as the actual Red Sox numbers go, both the Yankees and the White Sox have used them in the past. Said numbers didn't make anybody quit on the Yankees back then.

xLmjWVv.png

Right, but the point I made is that those teams haven't used them in most of our lifetimes, and now everyone identifies them with the Red Sox and only the Red Sox. I understand the intent, but if there's such an overwhelming response of "they look like their rivals," then maybe you can't go with it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived