Rays Stadium Concept

raysox

The outfield is rediculous and that is a :censored:ing trek to walk from the back half of the parking lot on the homeplate side

Let's try not to be so damn rude.

With that being said, as a regular visitor of the Trop, this would be a great improvement. I do however agree with sizemorematters, that the fans on the first floor should be able to see above them.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

The outfield is rediculous and that is a :censored:ing trek to walk from the back half of the parking lot on the homeplate side

With that being said, as a regular visitor of the Trop, this would be a great improvement. I do however agree with sizemorematters, that the fans on the first floor should be able to see above them.

Yeah I agree as the wise man once said "Your language is offensive"

Or at least spell your insults correctly so you don't make yourself look like an idiot while being... well, an idiot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Or at least spell your insults correctly so you don't make yourself look like an idiot while being... well, an idiot.

Haha very nice

I think this is a cool idea and hope that in brings more stadium concepts to the boards. I will touch on something I don't thing anyone else has and that is the glass or polycarbonate roof panels. I am not sure that has ever been tried successfully. If you remember the Astrodome had glass panels in the roof that they had to paint over because of glare and it turned the place into an oven. Granted the roof will be open as much as possible in Tampa, but the location above the infield will make it difficult for an outfielder to track the ball in anything other than a night sky. I could imagine situations where the roof is closed because there are storms in the area, but the sky has breaks of sun that would make it imposable. Also trying to replicate Rogers Center is not the best, that place has all the charm of a missile silo. ;-)

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Here is where it'd be located, right in the middle of Pinellas County/North St. Pete. TC asked if it was accurate, and that it looked big. I went on Google Earth, found Tropicana Field, and scrolled to my location, and infact, what I originally had was too BIG. I sized it down, and this should be what it would be like. The stadium would have a plaza(in brown) surrounding it with fun things. The local area would have lots of shops pop up around it too.

overhead1.png

I'm a little confused as to where exactly this is. I'm guessing that the road directly to the left is I-275, and the diagonal road that goes across the outside of the outfield is Roosevelt Blvd., which would make Park/Gandy Blvd. the diagonal road coming in just south of the parking lot heading towards the water. Am I correct on this?

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Looks pretty cool, and that seems like an ideal location to me. I've been to Tampa 3 times now, once for Marlins-Rays and twice this year for Miami FC-Rowdies and a central location like you've chosen makes sense. The roof is iffy though. The SkyDome style is unnecessarily complicated. And Milwaukee's fan style is leaky. The proven box style would probably be the best(and least expensive, therefore more likely to actually happen).

I loved the "sail" concept they had before it got shot down, but anything that keeps the Rays in Tampa would be okay with me. Nice to have a place close by to road trip to.

Personally I kinda like The Trop, but that's probably only because Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium is so bad/hot/wet. And while I'm happy the Marlins are finally getting their own ballpark and staying in South Florida, I may never see a game there in protest of owner Jeffery Loria's total lack of respect for the Marlins history and also his lack of taste in general... I'd rather sit through a lifetime of rain delays to watch the teal and black Florida Marlins than sit in the A/C and watch Loria's sure-to-be tacky Miami Marlins in his horrible rainbow-dressed stadium.

Archived