Rancho Cucamonga Kookaburras

burgundy

Here's my concept for the Rancho Cucamonga Kookaburras. I've had this Kookaburra logo sitting around for a little while, unsure what to do with it, so I decided to turn it into a fantasy football concept. I wanted a color scheme relatively unique to sports, so I went with brown, white, and what I'm calling "sour apple green". I'm not really a big fan of either color separately, but I thought they worked well together, and for the kookaburra logo.

Kookaburras-sheet-s.png

spacer.png

I'm usually a fan of anything using lime green.

Great design and logo too. The alternate set is my favorite. Would it look better with a darker brown though? It's not very appealing on the home jerseys and a darker brown would probably look better beside lime green.

87Redskins.png

Thanks again everyone.

I love it; not only would I never expect those colors together in a concept, but I also never would have expected them to look so good together. Also, let me applaud you on the team's name. Nice tongue-twister!

Hahaha, thanks.

Fantastic job. Love the bird, would love to see a great secondary to go with it. I kind of see a football in its beak, what if you tried to work that in?

I think a football may look forced, and it may not look like a kkokaburra anymore. I'm not really sure what do do for a secondary. Stylized RC initials? Flying kookaburra? Full body sitting kookaburra?

I'm usually a fan of anything using lime green.

Great design and logo too. The alternate set is my favorite. Would it look better with a darker brown though? It's not very appealing on the home jerseys and a darker brown would probably look better beside lime green.

A darker brown may work better. It may make the green pop more. I'll try it out.

spacer.png

the colors are interesting, but for fantasy football it's fine. i like the logo alot too. i think the helmet would look nicer if you got rid of the triangular shape behind him and just kept the bird head keeping the same cutoff location on the birds neck, but that's just me. that way it would be easy to recognize it as a bird shape from far away and not just a triangular shape, but im just being nitpicky. it's a nice looking logo!

the colors are interesting, but for fantasy football it's fine. i like the logo alot too. i think the helmet would look nicer if you got rid of the triangular shape behind him and just kept the bird head keeping the same cutoff location on the birds neck, but that's just me. that way it would be easy to recognize it as a bird shape from far away and not just a triangular shape, but im just being nitpicky. it's a nice looking logo!

I disagree. I think if you drop the shape, you'll lose the majestic presentation of the bird. You don't necessarily have an aggresive looking animal, so the route you took was the only real effective approach.

Here's the update:

- Darkened the brown.

- Thickened the outline around the head in the primary.

- Added a secondary "RC" logo. I'm not quite sold on it yet.

- Fixed the "S" in the wordmark.

- Added an action shot.

Kookaburras-sheet-s-2.png

spacer.png

Here's the update:

- Darkened the brown.

- Thickened the outline around the head in the primary.

- Added a secondary "RC" logo. I'm not quite sold on it yet.

- Fixed the "S" in the wordmark.

- Added an action shot.

Kookaburras-sheet-s-2.png

I first would like to say that this is a wonderful concept. It really came out well. I love the colors and logos.

I actually really like the secondary. It still looks like a kookaburra, but has the RC as well. Nice work

RockiesSig.png

The RC secondary logo is very clever and I think you excecuted it well. It still looks a bit awkward/forced, so I think it could use some slight tweaks. Perhaps try to make the head of the kookaburra more like the primary, but still retain the RC look. Just an idea, but very good work.

Punch9

Archived