New Penn State basketball jerseys

BroadSt_Bully

I don't understand why they didn't use Helvetica, their schools official font? I've always thought it would be cool to have solid blue uniforms with just one thin stripe down the side, and the reverse on the homes. The one stripe to mimics the stripe on their football helmets. Only because football is the big sport at the school, the rest of the teams should follow their traditional look.

I think the white collar is too big and looks out of placed. This jersey would look really good if it had the collar that UK, Syracuse, the USA National team, etc have.

But I guess it comes down to PSU basketball just not being good enough to deserve the true "'elite" style ques that nike offers to better programs. I must say though, at least PSU didn't get the cookie-cutter uniforms that some schools tend to get.

I don't understand why they didn't use Helvetica, their schools official font? I've always thought it would be cool to have solid blue uniforms with just one thin stripe down the side, and the reverse on the homes. The one stripe to mimics the stripe on their football helmets. Only because football is the big sport at the school, the rest of the teams should follow their traditional look.

The basketball uniforms used to mimic the football helmet from about 2002-2005 (after which the checked side panels were introduced on the most recent set before this).

I'm glad Penn State barely uses the Helvetica wordmark... it's terrible.

What's with the geometric shape side panels? It's a pretty ugly uniform, but I could care less. All I know is that when the Gophers beat the Nittany Lions this year, Penn State will take their shame wearing god-awful uniforms.

This is just a template and photo from Nike's team uniforms catalog. Although PSU is due for new hoops unis, until there's an announcement or article citing the change I'm not so sure this is exactly what we'll be seeing this upcoming season.

It's legit - it was posted on Twitter by the Penn State basketball SID.

• 2 weeks later...

We offer custom and stock basketball jerseys, basketball shorts, shooter shirts and warm-ups for all ages by Athletic Knit, Team works and Eagle. Whether you need a basic basketball jersey and shorts for kids, or a full set of custom basketball team uniforms with matching warm-ups for high school or college teams, we can make your team look like pros.

When there is not a team logo/name, the ideal number size for the front of a basketball jersey is 6" and the back is 8" for the adult sizes. Youth jerseys are 4" and 6" respectively. For names on name plates the letters will be 3" tall. Varsity or Pro-Block fonts are suggested for basketball jerseys.

If you want a particular size, style or color for logos/number sizes you must specify in writing. Otherwise, we will use our experience to choose the best combinations for the uniforms you ordered.

basketball team uniforms

• 2 years later...

I think it's a nice update of what they had. Builds some continuity in their look while providing something fresh.

I actually like the thick white collar. That reminds me of their football uniforms without trying to totally jump on that sports look.

They dropped the white collar a few seasons ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it's a nice update of what they had. Builds some continuity in their look while providing something fresh.

I actually like the thick white collar. That reminds me of their football uniforms without trying to totally jump on that sports look.

comments from 2010...

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

comments from 2010...

Wow - I had no idea this was an old thread that somebody brought back for some reason.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

comments from 2010...

Wow - I had no idea this was an old thread that somebody brought back for some reason.

Well its pretty easy to see why, he is just spamming his :censored:

Archived