Panther's 10th Anniv

pagan696

Since it says 10th Anniversary, will they be saving it until 2005?

let's see

[count von count]

1 football season. 1995 ha, ha, ha

2 football seasons. 1996 ha, ha, ha

3 football seasons. 1997 ha, ha, ha

4 football seasons. 1998 ha, ha, ha

5 football seasons. 1999 ha, ha, ha

6 football seasons. 2000 ha, ha, ha

7 football seasons. 2001 ha, ha, ha

8 football seasons. 2002 ha, ha, ha

9 football seasons. 2003 ha, ha, ha

10 football seasons. 2004 ha, ha, ha

[/count von count]

today's sesame street was brought to you by the number 10.gif and the letters c.gif and p.gif.

yep, a little simple math solved that problem

Since it says 10th Anniversary, will they be saving it until 2005?

let's see

[the count]

1 football season. 1995 ha, ha, ha

2 football seasons. 1996 ha, ha, ha

3 football seasons. 1997 ha, ha, ha

4 football seasons. 1998 ha, ha, ha

5 football seasons. 1999 ha, ha, ha

6 football seasons. 2000 ha, ha, ha

7 football seasons. 2001 ha, ha, ha

8 football seasons. 2002 ha, ha, ha

9 football seasons. 2003 ha, ha, ha

10 football seasons. 2004 ha, ha, ha

[/the count]

today's sesame street was brought to you by the number 10.

ch0121sesame1.jpg

yep, a little simple math solved that problem

And Best the Oscar for Best Male Performance of a Count Imitation goes to:

-JOEL

Yes, but if you get married in 1995, when is your 10th Anniversary?

...and we have the 1st Anniversary and it's 1996, followed closely by the 2nd Anniversary in '97, here comes the 3rd Anniversary and it's 1998, and right behind him is the 4th Anniversary in 1999, closing out the millenium is the 5th Anniversary, it's an even 2000, right on his tail is the 6th Anniversary, 2001, making a move is the 7th Anniversary, 20-oh-2, fading quickly is the 8th Anniversary 2003, last year's surprise finisher is the 9th Anniversary in 2004, and would you believe, bringing up the rear is the 10th Anniversary in 2005 what a finish! It went down to the wire, but I think 2005 is the true 10th Anniversary. 2004 is the 10th season.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

...and we have the 1st Anniversary and it's 1996, followed closely by the 2nd Anniversary in '97, here comes the 3rd Anniversary and it's 1998, and right behind him is the 4th Anniversary in 1999, closing out the millenium is the 5th Anniversary, it's an even 2000, right on his tail is the 6th Anniversary, 2001, making a move is the 7th Anniversary, 20-oh-2, fading quickly is the 8th Anniversary 2003, last year's surprise finisher is the 9th Anniversary in 2004, and would you believe, bringing up the rear is the 10th Anniversary in 2005 what a finish! It went down to the wire, but I think 2005 is the true 10th Anniversary. 2004 is the 10th season.

Nice effort on the Math lesson, Joel.... but Sy gets the gold star because the subject was, in fact, English.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

You people... i bet you guys thought the Century turned from 1999 to 2000, didn't you?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

the franchise was awarded on Oct 26, 1993

played first "game" (Hall of Fame game in Canton OH, won over Jacksonville) on July 29, 1995

played first regular season game (in Atlanta, a loss) on Sept 3, 1995

the Anniversary logo is late for the franchise awarding.

there's also a seperate "Season 10" logo that will be used more often for the 10th season (upcoming).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

the franchise was awarded on Oct 26, 1993

the Anniversary logo is late for the franchise awarding.

Then aren't they a year-and-a-half late?

...and why would they put "Est. 1995" on the logo?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I want so badly to make a sarcastic comment about the use of "bringing up the rear" and "anniversary" in the same sentence, but I'll be a grown up about it and let it go.

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Because,

"pld. fst. gm. 1995" looked funny.

this whole thing is dumb. why do we need reminded the team has been around 10 years? If i'm a fan, i know it. If i'm not, I don't care.

Oh yeah... MERCHANDISE SALES, thats why.

Ugh.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Because,

"pld. fst. gm. 1995" looked funny.

I meant that more as a response to the fact that pagan696 said that this logo is celebrating the 'franchise-awarding', which happened in 1993, not 1995, which the logo says is the year of establishment. But funny nonetheless.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I would have to agree with Joel's math on this one... they are celebrating their 10th season and that would be 2004... not the anniversary of the completion of their first season which would be 2005.

Just my $.02

And yes, I think the millennium did switch from 1999 to 2000... (the first year would have been year 0).

I meant that more as a response to the fact that pagan696 said that this logo is celebrating the 'franchise-awarding', which happened in 1993, not 1995, which the logo says is the year of establishment. But funny nonetheless.

that was a guess on my part... maybe it is to celebrate the 10th year of play and they needed something to make it sound grand. they also are running a vote on biggest moments in the team's history (which i think is silly, the results from play should speak for themselves), ie:making it to the SuperBowl, their 2nd season going to the NFC Champ game, so on and so on.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived