New AFL Franchise

ZapRowsdower8

About all i can say about this one is its kinda humourous that the Pittsburgh Power will call Consol Energy Center home...thats just horrid

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Pretty sure the average lifespan of an AFL franchise in a given city < 5 years.

Too true.

I think our Anaheim Piranhas lasted all of TWO (2) seasons at The Pond before their owner decided to run the league and the team folded. Good times.

It was Anaheim's first taste of football since the Rams left for St. Louis in '94, and the first team to recognize Orange County/Anaheim since these guys:

Southern_California_Sun_hel.jpg

ps) I love how the Pittsburgh Power have a better logo than the Oklahoma City Zombie Sonics. FAIL.

Here's the Piranhas logo for good measure:

Anaheimpiranhas.jpg

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I wish they would bring back these guys down here:

sports_arena-football_afl_new-orleans-voodoo.jpg

They Are. The Battle Wings are moving down for next season.

Regarding the Pittsburgh logo... can we at least agree that it's better than the Vigilantes' logo?

VmWIn6B.png

Pretty sure the average lifespan of an AFL franchise in a given city < 5 years.

Too true.

I think our Anaheim Piranhas lasted all of TWO (2) seasons at The Pond before their owner decided to run the league and the team folded. Good times.

Loved the Piranhas' uniforms.

piranhasuni.gif

The primary logo is horrible, but the helmet logo is clever, simplistic genius. And the neon green "teeth" stripes are equally cool. It's an all-black uniform that legitimately worked, much like their AFL cohorts, the Orlando Predators.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I wish they would bring back these guys down here:

sports_arena-football_afl_new-orleans-voodoo.jpg

They Are. The Battle Wings are moving down for next season.

Thats the rumor, as well as Alabama (Huntsville) relocating to metro Atlanta (or Nashville as a backup)

Haha they're out of their minds with those ticket prices. They'll get a good crowd for the very first game, then it'll be empty except for people who can't afford/can't get Penguins tickets buying the $15 seats to see the new arena, and the team will move/fold in two seasons, tops.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived