New AFL Franchise

ZapRowsdower8

Oh, God. What a :censored:ty name. Plus a logo that reminds one of the Orlando Predators. Sheesh.

I was thinking the same thing. It's just a repurposed Orlando Predators ligature, which might not be that big of a deal if the Predators weren't still in the league.

Front row sideline seats, Pittsburgh: $180.

Front row sideline seats, Chicago: $60.

Wow, good luck selling that. Has someone not informed Pittsburgh ownership about that little downward recalibration the AFL's had since the end of the '08 season with regard to, you know, everything?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pittsburgh's know for the bandwagon fans, so if this team isn't playoff caliber within 5 years it will fold.

Pretty sure the average lifespan of an AFL franchise in a given city < 5 years.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pittsburgh's know for the bandwagon fans, so if this team isn't playoff caliber within 5 years it will fold.

Pretty sure the average lifespan of an AFL franchise in a given city < 5 years.

I think this statement is true. Only teams that have been around for 15+ years are the Tampa Bay Storm, Orlando Predators and Arizona Rattlers.

Oh jeebus that logo sucks! I've been working on a thread in the concepts forum to try and fix up some of the grimmest identities the AFL has to offer I'm only a few teams into the current batch and they go drop this one into the mix! Looks like I'll never get to the end of my AFL project at this rate! lol

As to prices those are NUTS! Do they think they're an NFL franchise or something? No danger they last past year two with prices like that unless they go undefeated and they make bandwagons big in Pittsburgh!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived