Anybody else think is is kinda....well...stupid?

alwaysr92

The worst is when the people that wear them can't name 2 players on the team whos cap they're wearing, or wear caps of as many teams as possible. I know one guy who switches between Red Sox and Yankees caps regularly. You don't do that!

Why is this? If people only wore hats of teams that they were actually fans of, there'd be no need for designers, because you could slap anything on there and the fans would buy it. I'd wager that teams sell a lot to people who by your definition aren't "true" fans, because of either style, a pop culture influence, or some other reason.

I couldn't really care less about any non-local team (and even my fandom for the local teams is kind of becoming phony at this point), and I never wear sports gear unless I'm going to a game. One exception is when I run / lift weights. I wear a cap, pretty much to act as a sweat band. I have caps that match all of my running shirts, so I'm not mixing blue with black, etc. My blue running cap is a Detroit Tigers home cap. I couldn't name you anyone on the team, but I love that cap. Best in MLB (just IMO, of course.) My black running caps are a White Sox cap, and also an Eagles cap (only because it was $5 for a stretch-fit mesh-back black cap.) I know next to nothing about the white sox, again, just like the cap logo and it happens to be black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And sometimes, so long as the cap matches what you're wearing, that's all that matters. :P

(Though you'd NEVER catch me with any kind of NY Yankee or Boston Anything paraphernalia. Heck, I don't even have my black NY Mets cap any more.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I love hats, and am working on a collection of minor league baseball hats.

First thing I do is take off the sticker, because not everyone needs to see what size head I have (7 1/2, nothing weird)

Then, i get the cap soaked and put it on my head so it fits to my head.

Then, i slightly curve the brim. I dont care if people leave it flat. But i hate when people leave the sticker on, or wear like a Yankees hat with Lime green, yellow, and Orange trapezoids all over

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Why is this? If people only wore hats of teams that they were actually fans of, there'd be no need for designers, because you could slap anything on there and the fans would buy it. I'd wager that teams sell a lot to people who by your definition aren't "true" fans, because of either style, a pop culture influence, or some other reason.

Agreed. I mean, the Yankees' caps always sell well, and Braves, Pirates, and Rockies caps are considered pretty stylish these days.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Agreed. I mean, the Yankees' caps always sell well, and Braves, Pirates, and Rockies caps are considered pretty stylish these days.

Don't remind me lol.

I see people with Pirates hats on all the time. And for me actually being a Pirates fan, it's an amazing thing to see. I'm so hopeful I found a fellow fan and can discuss the team!

Nope. Just wearing it because.

Annoys me because they make so many colors for so many hats, so I guess the letter must be the reason then.

2ly2w09.jpg

I have around 20-ish hats of different MLB teams. I'm a fan of only one of them, and I wear my multiple Jays hats more than the others (minus my 2003 T-bird hat), but I do wear them all.

I kinda have an obsession of matching my hats with my clothing.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I wear Jays hats pretty frequently, and Diamondback caps now and then, but I can't bring myself to wear caps from teams I don't support. There are plenty of teams who have great looking caps, but I just can't bring myself to buy them. I think it's because I don't want to go down the road of collecting MLB caps. Lord knows I can't afford that at this point.

Archived