Anybody else think is is kinda....well...stupid?

alwaysr92

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I curve the brim slightly, only because when it's completely flat it fit's weird on my head. The brim is still pretty flat. I hate the fully curved bill on me.

And I also just leave the holographic sticker on the underside of the bill. I take off the gold New Era sticker on the top and of course the bar code. I just like the shiny stickers on the underside.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I've been wearing flat brims basically my whole life. My pop has flat brim, my granddad wore flat brim, everybody in my family wore flat brim. We'd just look weird with the curve brim. Not trying to do it because it's cool or in style, that's just what fits me. I look odd wearing a curved brim. :P

Now stickers? Yeah, people need to take those off, THAT looks ridiculous.

flat brims are the stupidest things ever in my mind. EVERYONE wears them because they want to be UNIQUE. irony? stickers-not cool either. Backwards curved brim is the hat for me

Let's not call flat bills stupid when you don't even wear hats for the intended purpose, shielding your eyes from the sun. B)

flat brims are the stupidest things ever in my mind. EVERYONE wears them because they want to be UNIQUE. irony? stickers-not cool either. Backwards curved brim is the hat for me

Let's not call flat bills stupid when you don't even wear hats for the intended purpose, shielding your eyes from the sun. B)

true....point taken. Though I do that because I gel my hair up and when I put it on front ways it looks bad. Last year I did not gel my hair up and I wore a front ways hat everyday so I have experience with both :)

Edit-oh and a lot of the time I wear sunglasses with em (aviators haha- I know they are ridiculous but they are so awesome)

No, only with hats for some reason. I guess because it's trendy anyway, so why bother removing the sticker?

I hardly think it's trendy. It's more ugly than trendy.

In my neighborhood, it is considered idiotic to keep the stickers on anything, let alone caps. In fact, my neighbors won't stop bothering me about the sticker on my lap top.

Flat brims being 'trendy' reminded me of another point that's relevant here: style. It amuses me to see people wearing stuff everyone laughed at a year ago because suddenly it's "in style" because some magazine said so or some goofball celebrity started wearing it. Aviators are the perfect example. A few years ago you couldn't pay most people to wear them and now, not only are they back in style, so are the oversized ones that look like somebody took the visor off an Air Force pilot's helmet and stuck some frames on it. :wacko:

Wait a few years till the trendsetters tire of flat brims and we'll all be looking back and laughing at them. Atlanta made news at one point with trying to ban pants worn hanging off the a**. Always thought if I and a bunch of other goofy 40-something guys started wearing our pants that way, it would be out of style in nothing flat. :D

And the whole fashion scene with the models wearing ridiculous crap you never see on the street? That industry could vanish from the face of the Earth and most people would never notice.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

No, only with hats for some reason. I guess because it's trendy anyway, so why bother removing the sticker?

Seriously? For the same reason that you take tags and stickers off of your clothes, or take the plastic wrap off of CDs and DVDs.

Wear your caps however you want. I don't care. Just remove the damn stickers.

I've finally figured out where the trend of leaving the stickers on the caps came from. It's so that every time they walk by the local mall cop or real cop, they are announcing to them, "Look! I didn't steal this! I actually beat up some nerd at school and took his money to buy it! It took the five of us, to beat up one 13 year old freshman that weighs 110 pounds, but we got our money!"

I've finally figured out where the trend of leaving the stickers on the caps came from. It's so that every time they walk by the local mall cop or real cop, they are announcing to them, "Look! I didn't steal this! I actually beat up some nerd at school and took his money to buy it! It took the five of us, to beat up one 13 year old freshman that weighs 110 pounds, but we got our money!"

wacko.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, you all would lose your patience with me real quick, because not only am I too lazy to remove the stickers, I also never bend the brim! :wacko:

Personally, I think anything with a curved brim not only is hideous - it also screams cheap and tawdry to me.

What about pants and shirts? Same principle?

I personally hate the curved brim on my pants. I don't mind so much on my shirts, though.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Actually, the supposed origin of leaving on tags/stickers is to make it look like you did steal it. I'm not sure how that makes sense, but that's the story anyhow.

spacer.png

I personally HATE the flat billed look, especially with the stickers still on it. It looks ridiculous, all so that people can look like some rap star. I personaly go for the "turtle" cure - so curved there's basically a point in the hat. It's the only way the huge bill and crown on the 59fifty fits me well.

jerry-ferrara.jpg

I don't do the tilt though.

The worst is when the people that wear them can't name 2 players on the team whos cap they're wearing, or wear caps of as many teams as possible. I know one guy who switches between Red Sox and Yankees caps regularly. You don't do that!

Anubis.png

I love hats. I constantly am wearing hats, to and from work and at work when possible. Unless I'm in church or a nice restaurant, I'm wearing my hat. I like all different kinds, I have quite a few New Era MLB hats. I'm also a sweaty bastard, so usually the hats don't look the same after some time. But with the New Era hats I've been in the habit for a few years now of wearing it backwards and not bending the brim at all for the beginning of me wearing it. I don't leave the stickers on.

After a while, I wear it more, sweat more etc, I start to wear it either front or backwards. It usually will start to get a slight bend to it. Nothing crazy though. I have hat ADD and am ALWAYS messing with them. They rarely stay the same and when I start to sweat too much I kinda lift them off my head and wear them goofy if I'm just driving or at a friends house.

But the look I usually end up with for the New Era hats has gotten me the nickname Joba.

JobaChamberlain2.jpg

I pretty much wear it like that. Foward and down a little, brim pretty flat.

I have no problem with the flat brim since I'm not playing baseball. I have alot of fitted and flex fit hats that I have curved, so those stay that way and I like it. I just go through hats and am sometimes rough, so I try and do as little as possible to them when I first wear.

I'm not ghetto at all, not even close. More skater/polo and shorts kinda guy. Just like my hats and wear them how they fit and wear well, as well as last well.

Sorry for typingso much, but I have hundreds of hats and wear them alot, lol, so this applies to me. I don't like the idea of flat brim and curve though, I either wear one or the other.

2ly2w09.jpg

Wow, you all would lose your patience with me real quick, because not only am I too lazy to remove the stickers, I also never bend the brim! :wacko:

Personally, I think anything with a curved brim not only is hideous - it also screams cheap and tawdry to me.

Maybe if you spent less time here posting for the sake of posting you'd have the time to remove a sticker from a hat. It takes all of three seconds.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived