2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

its great to have a competitive Southeast.

nascar-logo.jpg

There isnt a Nascar track within 3 hours of DC! I take offense to that! :P

Liar! Dover Delaware buddy! It is a little over 2 hours away.

Actually, you're both wrong. Richmond is only an hour and a half away!

WITH TRAFFIC! oy, I'll show myself out.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its great to have a competitive Southeast.

nascar-logo.jpg

There isnt a Nascar track within 3 hours of DC! I take offense to that! :P

Liar! Dover Delaware buddy! It is a little over 2 hours away.

Actually, you're both wrong. Richmond is only an hour and a half away!

WITH TRAFFIC! oy, I'll show myself out.

At least it's 100 mph traffic... oh wait, that's on the track. Sorry, it's bumper to bumper and not going anywhere. Have a nice day.

That is freaking fantastic.

On the other hand, the Sabres are shiving the Ducks right now 4-0 going into the third. This the night after the Ducks got a 3-0 win in Boston.

The consistent inconsistency of this team is amazing. Long winning streak, followed by long losing streak. Huge win, followed by terrible loss. It's frustrating as hell.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

On the other hand, the Sabres are shiving the Ducks right now 4-0 going into the third. This the night after the Ducks got a 3-0 win in Boston.

The consistent inconsistency of this team is amazing. Long winning streak, followed by long losing streak. Huge win, followed by terrible loss. It's frustrating as hell.

I feel for you. I know the feeling after years of being a Kings fan. But you know what the real issue is, lack of a top-notch shut down defenseman. Fowler will probably be one of them in the future, but you have an offensive juggernaught in Lubo and then the rest are at best a team's number 4 defenseman.

I feel for you. I know the feeling after years of being a Kings fan. But you know what the real issue is, lack of a top-notch shut down defenseman. Fowler will probably be one of them in the future, but you have an offensive juggernaught in Lubo and then the rest are at best a team's number 4 defenseman.

Yeah Lubo is nails on offensive end, and Fowler is the complete package. Lydman is probably the Ducks best defensive defenseman and he's definitely a solid #2/3 guy. But Lubo is a good #2/3 also. Fowler is a good #3 right now. Sbisa will be a good #3 but he's not up there yet. Then it's a huge dropoff to the revolving door of Mara, Sutton, and Lilja.

Everyone knew that was going to be their problem this year. I mean the offense can be dominant, Hiller is streaky but very solid in net. The defense is just not up to task yet. And it sucks because I know the defense with Fowler, Sbisa, Lydman and Lubo is pretty decent, just not consistent. And I want to give time for the defensive prospects in the pipeline to get up, but in a year or two, the Ducks will lose their entire 2nd line of Selanne, Koivu, and Blake. The windows of opportunity just aren't lining up completely straight right now.

It's just super frustrating because the Ducks will tantalize you and hold the carrot of a winning streak and promise ahead of them, then come crashing back down just as fast as they went up.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Sounds pretty consistent to me.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Caps find their offense and whip New Jersey 5-1. Next up, Pittsburgh.

Can't wait! Going with my father to our first Caps - Pens game. :hockeysmiley:

My first game ever was Caps/Pens at Cap Centre. You'll have fun jawing with the Pens fans, and I know there will be a bunch who show.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Trappy is here, and he's got to sit down.

I honestly think the Devils should just have a running rotation of Lemaire, Lamoriello, Robinson, & [insert random other head coach here] as a solution to their coaching position...because that's what it seems like they have right now.

Lemaire isn't here for the long term. He's here to chew bubblegum behind the bench, and kick asses, cut Langs and get Kovy giving actual effort...

...and he's all out of bubblegum.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived