2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing streak hits seven....

Great win for the Ducks on the other side of it. Looks like they're back into that stride that gave them that 6 game winning streak last month.

On the opposing view, something just looks off with the Capitals compared to the other times I've watched them. They just don't look like a confident group. There is a little hesitation to everything they do. What's their deal? Or is that something Caps fans want to know as well?

And another Caps related note, the HBO 24/7 of the Winter Classic starts tonight. Looks to be another great edition of the 24/7 series.

It is just an unfortunate outcome tonight. It was a good "back to basics" effort for the Caps, but it is amazing that the potential offensive prowess they possess has gone missing in action for quite some time now.

I'm starting to believe that Boudreau may be gone before the Winter Classic.

Disheartening loss for the Caps. I think they played hard, forechecked aggressively, Boudreau MATCHED LINES pitting Steckel vs Getzlaf, and it worked, up until OT. It was a better effort, a few bounces didnt go their way. I'm still not convinced Boudreau should go (yet) even though I said so earlier in this thread.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Congratulations to Flash on getting his first hat-trick with the Avs against the 'Hawks.

Excuse me, but there is only one Flash in the NHL.

The Finnish Flash, Teemu Selanne.

Tomas Fleischman doesn't hold a candle to Teemu.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Congratulations to Flash on getting his first hat-trick with the Avs against the 'Hawks.

You try saying Fleischmann after he scores, he is Flash to us Caps fans (and now Avs fans).

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

PTI stands for complete and total ignorance.

CTI?

Pardon The Ignorance

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You try saying Fleischmann after he scores, he is Flash to us Caps fans (and now Avs fans).

I don't really think his name is that hard to pronounce, nonetheless say at a somewhat normal speed after he scores. Maybe that's me.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I don't really think his name is that hard to pronounce, nonetheless say at a somewhat normal speed after he scores. Maybe that's me.

Not just you.

Fleisch-mann. Two syllables.

Hell, it's not even pronounced the same. Fly-sh. Fla-sh. Call him Fly if you want. That would at least make phonical (?) sense.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Prior to this road trip the Blue Jackets had one overtime loss in the first 28 games. They've now had two in the last two games. They've also earned two points in the last two games without leading. I don't like how things are going, but at least the December slide is going better than it did a year ago.

And based on my newsfeed's reaction to 24/7 I am hyper-jealous of the people that have HBO. I need to get that :censored:

PvO6ZWJ.png

It will be a crime if 24/7 doesn't get a DVD release. It's an amazing bit of television and it NEEDS to be seen by more than just people with HBO. Although I'm sure the internet inclined can find, ahem, alternate means of watching it.

As I did, since my poor ass doesnt have HBO. Yes, it absolutely needs to be released to DVD.

Not just you.

Fleisch-mann. Two syllables.

Hell, it's not even pronounced the same. Fly-sh. Fla-sh. Call him Fly if you want. That would at least make phonical (?) sense.

Despite debating the pronunciation of Tomas Fleischmann's last name, is it too late for the Caps to get a do-over on the trade for Hannan?

Archived