A's and White Sox both wearing black

NYYNYR

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is clearly a rule to stop this. I know I expressed my displeasure of black vs. navy, but this is really egregious. Awful in fact.

Chicago-White-Sox-Replica-56-Mark-Buehrle-Black-Jersey56264.jpg

Way to link to a counterfeit jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, this games is as meaningful as a spring training game, so I guess they decided to dress like it.

It will never happen because the black jerseys are "kewl" and "intimidating," but I wish the Sox would mothball the black jerseys for a year like the Cubs did, or at least limit their usage. I don't know the official count at this point, but by the end of the season the Sox will have worn the black jerseys 120 times.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This...is terrible. The A's shouldn't even be wearing a black uniform at all, there is not one speck of black in their logo or home, road, and green alt. And, Chicago, it's not an alternate when you wear it more than your primary! :cursing:

Anyone got pics?

Yep.

100922163915.jpg

Here's a picture from TODAY's game. :rolleyes:

610xt.jpg

The A's appear to be wearing their green alts in that shaky-cam screenshot. Granted, the green is very dark, but still...

This is my #1 pet peeve when it comes to sports logos & uniforms. Like TheOldRoman said, it looks like one of those intrasquad scrimmages that you'd see during Spring Training. You'd think that they'd have enough sense to at least wear contrasting colors. Come on, this is just dumb.

This...is terrible. The A's shouldn't even be wearing a black uniform at all, there is not one speck of black in their logo or home, road, and green alt. And, Chicago, it's not an alternate when you wear it more than your primary! :cursing:

Anyone got pics?

Yep.

100922163915.jpg

610xt.jpg

The A's appear to be wearing their green alts in that shaky-cam screenshot. Granted, the green is very dark, but still...

Huh? That is from today.

25yzwqg.png

Anyone got pics?

Yep.

100922163915.jpg

610xt.jpg

The "shaky" shot is also black vs. black. You can tell by the white numbers on the A's.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Anyone got pics?

Yep.

100922163915.jpg

610xt.jpg

Huh? That is from today.

That can't be - the Sox batter is pretty clearly wearing pinstriped pants, which they don't wear on the road.

Even if I'm wrong, it's still a combo that should never be seen.

Anyone got pics?

Yep.

100922163915.jpg

610xt.jpg

Huh? That is from today.

That can't be - the Sox batter is pretty clearly wearing pinstriped pants, which they don't wear on the road.

The Sox pants aren't pinstriped in that pic. Ironically it is the shakiness that gives the appearance of striped pants.

Not to mention you can see a "losatleticos.com" advertisement at the bottom.

Just saying.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The Sox pants aren't pinstriped in that pic. Ironically it is the shakiness that gives the appearance of striped pants.

Just saying.

Dang, I didn't notice the "losastleticos" ad. My mistake, and my apologies if I came off snarky.

Anyone got pics?

Yep.

100922163915.jpg

610xt.jpg

Huh? That is from today.

Just saying.

Yeah, sorry about that shakiness...my laptop's camera isn't exactly the best.

25yzwqg.png

Why not black vs. black?

It's not like football or most other sports, where there is all that much teamwork involved.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with this in baseball. It's not like you can't tell who's on offense/defense. Baseball teams can wear whatever they want as far as I'm concerned.

FSU2.gif

Why not black vs. black?

It's not like football or most other sports, where there is all that much teamwork involved.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with this in baseball. It's not like you can't tell who's on offense/defense. Baseball teams can wear whatever they want as far as I'm concerned.

FSU2.gif

Archived