A's and White Sox both wearing black

NYYNYR

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they can do this in MLB then can the NFL finally allow the Chargers to wear the baby blue jerseys vs the Raiders in their blacks or the Chiefs in their reds? The era of black and white tv rules is over.

Not that it hasn't already been done before....

Dallas+Cowboys+v+Kansas+City+Chiefs+-aM4P_1lGqUl.jpg

But I'm good without 'Laker' rules in the NFL -- where teams with light-ish uniforms (Chargers, Bengals, Titans) are allowed to wear them against a team in their dark jerseys.

6uXNWAo.png

There is clearly a rule to stop this. I know I expressed my displeasure of black vs. navy, but this is really egregious. Awful in fact.

Chicago-White-Sox-Replica-56-Mark-Buehrle-Black-Jersey56264.jpg

Way to link to a counterfeit jersey.

My bad. How do I know it's counterfeit? I was just trying to make a point.

^^^ Agreed 100%. In baseball, it's not even a factor. Unless you are a complete idiot and cannot tell a baserunner from an infielder.

I disagree.... Sports (and baseball doubly so) are so much about tradition. How hard is it for competing teams to wear different colours? Ofcourse "it doesn't matter in baseball" per se, but then, why wear uniforms at all?

Just dumb.

^^^ Agreed 100%. In baseball, it's not even a factor. Unless you are a complete idiot and cannot tell a baserunner from an infielder.

I disagree.... Sports (and baseball doubly so) are so much about tradition. How hard is it for competing teams to wear different colours? Ofcourse "it doesn't matter in baseball" per se, but then, why wear uniforms at all?

Just dumb.

My feelings exactly. I guess if this doesn't matter, then road teams should start wearing their home jerseys on the road against the home team who would be wearing their home jerseys as well. Who cares if it's white v. white, or gray vs. gray, or black vs. black? Anarchy FTW!

That's a good idea in theory, but I think teams/organizations prefer wearing colored jerseys at home because it supposedly let's their team show more of their colors at home, in front of their fans. I think that's part of the reason the NHL started doing that.

I have also noticed that becoming more of a trend in the NBA as well, although not on a regular basis.

So, if anything, maybe road teams should always wear gray? I don't know.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

There is clearly a rule to stop this. I know I expressed my displeasure of black vs. navy, but this is really egregious. Awful in fact.

- Large gray areas rimming the player name.

- Majestic logo to high up on sleeve

- Back numbers very tall

- Large gray areas rimming the player name.

- Majestic logo to high up on sleeve

- Back numbers very tall

Thanks. I'm learning. Still a newb, i guess.

Just dumb.

I'm for keeping the white/grey pants for the sake of tradition, but when it comes to jerseys I could care less.

FSU2.gif

I believe that whenever a baseball team wears a jersey color other white at home and gray on the road, it should be legal, but the opposing team's pitcher should be able to nail as many batters as he wants with fastballs, all game long, no base awarded.

I'm serious.

Unless the dark jersey is paired up with dark pants... that would be awesome. With baseball players, the jersey should match the pants (and with their wives, it's curtains matching the carpet).

I can't stand it when both teams wear colors. It makes them look bush league, and it is rare when teams do them right (made worse when teams make the numbers the SAME FREAKING COLOR as the jersey). At MAXIMUM a team should be able to wear colored jerseys fifteen times of the year, and NEVER in the playoffs. It would make them actual alternate jerseys, and it would nearly eliminate these horrid color on color matchups.

I could be wrong about this, but I think home team is supposed to get first pick on what they want to wear, and the road team has to "comply". Aside from any fashion/"A's should ditch the black" arguments, I think the Sox are basically 100% at fault.

This is true. Home team gets first choice, visitors are obliged to comply, but the umpires or game officials have no real power of enforcement. Chicago is one of the worst about not complying since the "non-clash rule" came into use. SD and Atlanta were also pretty egregious about it, but they've cleaned up their act this season.

Example of teams following the guidelines: Washington wore their red alts on Thursday afternoon. Houston changed out of their brick alts (which they wear almost exclusively on the road) and wore their grey roads.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived