NFL Game Rewind

BlueSky

Last year I paid $40 for something called NFL Game Rewind, which gives you access to HD (quality dependent on connection speed of course) replays of all NFL game broadcasts for the current and last seasons. It was well worth it.

This year it's up to $50 but they've significantly improved it, adding DVR-type controls (jump forward/backwards 10 seconds, etc.), a search feature enabling viewers to find plays by player, type of play (interception, etc.) and so on, and kind of a 'timeline' feature that lets you quickly find any play in a game. Be aware though that some of these features are new for 2010 so they're not available in the 2009 games. Also, the replays are not available until all live game broadcasts are over, so you can't watch Sunday games until Monday (except not during MNF). Otherwise, you can watch any time.

I had to work yesterday and the Saints weren't on where I live anyway, but today I can watch the game in HD with no commercials, skipping forward between plays if desired, cutting the viewing time needed down to 60-90 minutes. Plus of course you can look at any segment of any game. I just watched the last two minutes of Indy-Jacksonville, which was amazing.

And one last nice feature for us uni and/or photography freaks - HD screenshots, like this one of the Bears bench with a background of their QB being crushed on the previous play:

Fullscreencapture104201084439AM.jpg

Or this one of Barry Cofield's sweet facemask:

Fullscreencapture104201084534AM-1.jpg

So....not to sound like a commercial but IMO what you get for $50 is well worth the investment and it's a nice alternative for those who can't/won't get Sunday Ticket.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• 9 months later...

My 2nd annual heads up about NFL Game Rewind. For 2011, the preseason price is $39.99 and though you can't watch games live, having access to any part of any game in HD is golden as the season goes on. The only sucky part IMO is that you have to pay extra for the postseason (right now you can add it for $14.99).

This will be my 3rd year with it and it's a bargain even at the usual price of $49.99.

What's awesome about it is the obvious - that you're assured of seeing all of your favorite team's games - but also that whenever something crazy or dramatic happens, you're also assured of being able to watch any or all of it at your leisure (unlike highlights, YouTube, etc.).

My auto-renew just activated my Game Rewind account so I checked out the new features for this season. The quality in these shots isn't that great since my wife and I were both online. At its best, the games are HD-quality depending on your connection.

They've added split-screen for 2011 allowing users to view up to 4 games simultaneously. The guide at right allows you to specify the season (2009, 2010, 2011 once play begins) and then the games appear in the list. Click and drag into an empty box to start that game. Games being viewed are highlighted in the list. You can select games from different weeks (note in 2nd pic from top, Saints in their stinkfest at Seattle and the big Thanksgiving win at Dallas).

NationalFootballLeagueNFLGameRewind-GoogleChrome89201125037PM.jpg

Here it is with the guide closed (full screen mode). Game at lower right has DVR and other controls showing. This is the pic with two different Saints games at top.

AdobeFlashPlayer89201125137PM.jpg

During games, you can bring up a "timeline" along the bottom with symbols denoting scoring plays, other big plays, challenges, etc. Hovering displays the details (as shown); clicking on the symbol takes you to that play.

AdobeFlashPlayer89201131008PM.jpg

You can also open the guide in "Plays" mode, displaying a full list of all the plays in the game. Click a play to watch. Note big plays may offer a choice between the broadcast and coaches film.

AdobeFlashPlayer89201125214PM.jpg

Here's the coaches film view of Malcolm Jenkins closing on Roy Williams like a heat-seeking missile. :D

AdobeFlashPlayer89201125347PM.jpg

Also wanted to reiterate that the sound is fantastic. Listen with headphones and you can hear everything going on in the stadium.

They're still offering the pre-season deal for $39.99.

My auto-renew just activated my Game Rewind account so I checked out the new features for this season. The quality in these shots isn't that great since my wife and I were both online. At its best, the games are HD-quality depending on your connection.

They've added split-screen for 2011 allowing users to view up to 4 games simultaneously. The guide at right allows you to specify the season (2009, 2010, 2011 once play begins) and then the games appear in the list. Click and drag into an empty box to start that game. Games being viewed are highlighted in the list. You can select games from different weeks (note in 2nd pic from top, Saints in their stinkfest at Seattle and the big Thanksgiving win at Dallas).

NationalFootballLeagueNFLGameRewind-GoogleChrome89201125037PM.jpg

Here it is with the guide closed (full screen mode). Game at lower right has DVR and other controls showing. This is the pic with two different Saints games at top.

AdobeFlashPlayer89201125137PM.jpg

During games, you can bring up a "timeline" along the bottom with symbols denoting scoring plays, other big plays, challenges, etc. Hovering displays the details (as shown); clicking on the symbol takes you to that play.

AdobeFlashPlayer89201131008PM.jpg

You can also open the guide in "Plays" mode, displaying a full list of all the plays in the game. Click a play to watch. Note big plays may offer a choice between the broadcast and coaches film.

AdobeFlashPlayer89201125214PM.jpg

Here's the coaches film view of Malcolm Jenkins closing on Roy Williams like a heat-seeking missile. :D

AdobeFlashPlayer89201125347PM.jpg

Also wanted to reiterate that the sound is fantastic. Listen with headphones and you can hear everything going on in the stadium.

They're still offering the pre-season deal for $39.99.

do you know if this is available in australia? Over here we only get thursday, sunday and monday night games and maybe a sunday game IF we're lucky. and with the fbi shutting down all those free live stream sites, it's difficult for me to watch my packers play! So if this was available in aus that would be awesome!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Do you know if this is available in australia? Over here we only get thursday, sunday and monday night games and maybe a sunday game IF we're lucky. and with the fbi shutting down all those free live stream sites, it's difficult for me to watch my packers play! So if this was available in aus that would be awesome!

Unfortunately, no...from the website:

===

NFL Game Rewind is only available to users within the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands).

===

EDIT: Discovered that some of the features are only available for 2010, not 2009. For example, the Guide for 2009 games only shows scoring plays, not every play. The timeline feature only appears to work for 2010 games as well.

You should watch the Marshall Faulk Seahawks 8-players-juked run again. That was awesome.

Damn, he just got in the HOF and he's back already? :wacko:

Already watched Marshawn's run again, several times...being a Saints fan doesn't change my appreciation for amazing plays.

You should get Game Rewind. I'm hoping there will be some great plays from Week 2 this season that you'll want to enjoy over and over, just like I "enjoy" Lynch's run. :D

Thanks for posting, I was coming here to update it anyway 'cause the NFL is offering all preseason games live and on demand for $19.99 in case anybody wants to watch a lot of preseason football.

You should watch the Marshall Faulk Seahawks 8-players-juked run again. That was awesome.

Damn, he just got in the HOF and he's back already? :wacko:

Already watched Marshawn's run again, several times...being a Saints fan doesn't change my appreciation for amazing plays.

You should get Game Rewind. I'm hoping there will be some great plays from Week 2 this season that you'll want to enjoy over and over, just like I "enjoy" Lynch's run. :D

Thanks for posting, I was coming here to update it anyway 'cause the NFL is offering all preseason games live and on demand for $19.99 in case anybody wants to watch a lot of preseason football.

Dammit, I meant Marshawn Lynch. Sorry.

25yzwqg.png

• 2 months later...

Not a bump but an update on more new functionality. Each game now has a 'Condensed' option which only shows plays and the ref announcing penalties, with nothing else (no replays either, but you can skip back 10 seconds if you want to see a play over).

Watched the entire 2nd half of Lions-Cowboys from a few weeks ago in about 20 minutes flat.

Just got it.

You've got to be getting paid by these guys.

If you're not, you should be.

You sold me. Great presentation of facts, etc.

:)

Also, $29.99 for me today. Additional $14.99 for postseason as well.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Just got it.

You've got to be getting paid by these guys.If you're not, you should be.

No, I just like to share. I figure most people on this board are sports fans and this is really a great resource at a pretty reasonable price. One way I use it, for example, is when nola.com publishes their Film Study feature after each Saints game. The beat reporter goes through the game tape and points out stuff like unusual personnel packages or alignments, what the QB should have done on a given play, how a play was designed to do this or that, and so on, mostly stuff that's easy to miss while watching the broadcast. Rewind lets me go along and check all that stuff out along with being able to go beyond the highlights of great games I would otherwise miss.

Plus it's cool to be able to hear cadences and such (the sound is that good), and personally, I always get a rush out of hearing the crowd erupt. Go to Jahvid Best's 88-yard run vs. the Bears, put on your headphones, and listen when he breaks free of the line...it's awesome. Crap, there I go again...maybe you're right, I should be on commission. B)

As far as the presentation, thanks, I appreciate it. Back when my department had to pry every dime of budget out of the bosses, I learned to be comprehensive and convincing. :D

Just got it.

No, I just like to share. I figure most people on this board are sports fans and this is really a great resource at a pretty reasonable price. One way I use it, for example, is when nola.com publishes their Film Study feature after each Saints game. The beat reporter goes through the game tape and points out stuff like unusual personnel packages or alignments, what the QB should have done on a given play, how a play was designed to do this or that, and so on, mostly stuff that's easy to miss while watching the broadcast. Rewind lets me go along and check all that stuff out along with being able to go beyond the highlights of great games I would otherwise miss.

Plus it's cool to be able to hear cadences and such (the sound is that good), and personally, I always get a rush out of hearing the crowd erupt. Go to Jahvid Best's 88-yard run vs. the Bears, put on your headphones, and listen when he breaks free of the line...it's awesome. Crap, there I go again...maybe you're right, I should be on commission. B)

As far as the presentation, thanks, I appreciate it. Back when my department had to pry every dime of budget out of the bosses, I learned to be comprehensive and convincing. :D

It is really fun to go back and watch previous season's games. I just watched the Browns win over the Saints last season, that was one hell of a game for the Browns.

I won't apologize because I think the Super Bowl ring the previous year speaks for itself haha.

And it's funny, that 88 yard run got me a fantasy win, he was the only player left in the matchup for that week, and I was down by a bunch. Saved me. haha.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Just got it.

It is really fun to go back and watch previous season's games. I just watched the Browns win over the Saints last season, that was one hell of a game for the Browns.

I won't apologize because I think the Super Bowl ring the previous year speaks for itself haha.

And it's funny, that 88 yard run got me a fantasy win, he was the only player left in the matchup for that week, and I was down by a bunch. Saved me. haha.

I think a few Saints are still running after that punter. :cry:

• 10 months later...

Just another annual reminder...NFL Game Rewind is a great bargain and provides access to HD broadcast-version or condensed (just shows the plays with nothing in between and no replays). You get access to several seasons of games and the only drawbacks are the obvious (it's not live) and that you can't watch a game if an NFL game is in progress.

Price is back down to $39.99 for the season.

Site

Their disclaimer tells when games may be viewed and may also answer some other questions:

===

*Live game broadcasts are not included with the NFL Game Rewind service. NFL Game Rewind provides on-demand online video access to NFL games after they have aired on broadcast television. Sunday afternoon (1PM ET & 4pm ET) and Sunday night NFL games are available following the conclusion of the Sunday Night Football game telecast. Monday NFL games are available 24 hours after the conclusion of the Monday Night Football game telecast. Thursday NFL games are available immediately after the conclusion of the Thursday Night Football game telecast. Saturday NFL games are available immediately after the conclusion of the Saturday night football game telecast. Due to NFL broadcast restrictions, NFL Game Rewind service is unavailable during the telecast of Sunday Night and Monday Night Football games, as well as during the Super Bowl. Some 2009 regular season games are not available. NFL Game Rewind is only available to users within the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands). For a full description of features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit our FAQ.

===

Just another annual reminder...NFL Game Rewind is a great bargain and provides access to HD broadcast-version or condensed (just shows the plays with nothing in between and no replays). You get access to several seasons of games and the only drawbacks are the obvious (it's not live) and that you can't watch a game if an NFL game is in progress.

Price is back down to $39.99 for the season.

Site

You buried the lead. You can get access to the Coaches Tape/Camera aka "All 22".

Greatest $70 I've spent for entertainment in a long time.

Archived