United football league

UnclearInitial

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So this is a bit late but I thought we should have a UFL thread. right now, Omaha is 2-0 and in first, Hartford and vegas are 1-1 and the tuskers an molos are 1-2. I must say I'm pleased with the level of play and the games have been more exciting than

NFL games so far. Attendance also increased and omaha is looking good with 2 straight sellouts.

thoughts?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I like Omaha's chances. However, this IS a league where it looks like anything can happen. Sacramento look good, but unsure of themselves at times and Florida looks fairly decent. One of the bigger surprises to me, though, is Hartford. Especially after such a dreadful year in N.Y. last season.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Gotta go with Omaha, only because they've got Ahman Green.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

It was such a marquee matchup when Jeff Garcia went up against Daunte Culpepper. That's like Montana vs. Elway or Favre vs. Aikman.

I really hope this league can survive past two seasons and establish it's self as the official NFL minor league system. Which I think is a must if the NFL wants to expand to 18 games.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometime after 2 o' clock EST, the UFL Virginia team unveiled that their name would be Destroyers and that they would play at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex. They also unveiled the logo. Notice the V in the center is said to represent Virginia's name and the the team's emblem is based on the regions military presence.

1ptp9s.jpg

The nightahawks and the colonials have been eliminated from the championship game. The tuskers just need to beat the hawks, but if they lose the mountain lions will go to the CG.

There is a lot of talk about the destroyers trying to lure St.Brett to play with them, which would be the smartest move ever, since if he actually plays with them or even considers their offer would increase the interest in the ufl tremendously.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The nightahawks and the colonials have been eliminated from the championship game. The tuskers just need to beat the hawks, but if they lose the mountain lions will go to the CG.

There is a lot of talk about the destroyers trying to lure St.Brett to play with them, which would be the smartest move ever, since if he actually plays with them or even considers their offer would increase the interest in the ufl tremendously.

Brett Favre? No, thanks. I know that if he came to the UFL he might have more success than he's having this season. But, I think he's just about done. Plus, as a future VA fan I would not be in favor of this move.

• 2 weeks later...

And the locos repeat!

They beat the tuskers 23-20 in omaha, in a repeat of last years championship. hope someone else wins it next year.

This year the quality of play definitely improved, and there was much more parity. No tea was above 5-3 and no team was below 3-5.

It's astounding how there were so many injuries to QB's this year. The only QB that played the whole season was Culpepper, and the MVP of the championship was 24-year-old QB Chase Clement, who was the locos third stringer this summer.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• 1 month later...

They need to start finding a 6th team if this league wants to stay afloat, I'll admit, finding out Orlando was folding, shocked me. I thought they had a strong fan base & their team was one of the best in the league. I have to agree with Winters, take your time on this one, don't mess this up.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived