New Belk Logo

Cola

I call it an upgrade...while the other was around for a long time, it wasn't really classic or anything. Besides, it was time for this department store to improve their image among other up and coming retailers and boutiques. The font probably wasn't the greatest choice, in my opinion, because of how the "l" gets smashed between the "e" and "k"...almost gets lost from a distance.

OLD:

Belk_logo.png

NEW:

1392791-0-0-1.png

I like it, but it seems like they could have gotten something that stood out more for the $70 million they are spending to implement this new branding. (I heard that on the local news, might be totally wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.)

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I don't like it. Probably because I'm used to the older one.

I'm not sure how national Belk is - I know a lot of my friends not from the South had no idea what it was. It's sort of the Southern (or at least Carolina) version of JCPenney or Macy's. I always preferred to shop there vs. JCPenney because I knew Belk was locally-owned (started in Monroe, NC, HQ in Charlotte).

Interesting semi-off-topic anecdote alert:

In rural Lancaster County, SC there is a small town called Van Wyck (rhymes with "like," not "wick") whose population can't be over 250 and only claim to fame is being the hometown of Shawn Crawford, gold/silver medalist in track from the 2004 Athens Olympics. The road leading to Van Wyck is called Steele Hill Road, and it's the creepiest road I've ever been on in my entire life. There's about 4 miles of absolutely creepy nothing until you get to Van Wyck - my dad used to take this road as a cut-through to get closer to home when we'd go to Nascar races in Darlington or Rockingham when I was in elementary school. I remember being so scared on this road, then you'd get to Van Wyck (which is nothing but a crossroads) and the only thing lit up at night would be a bright green Sun Drop machine at a gun store in "town." I would always scare me at first, but after a few times I'd anticipate it and my dad and I would laugh about it.

Flash forward to last year. I taught at Andrew Jackson High School in Lancaster County and after my last day, knowing I was getting bumped out of my job due to budget cuts, I was feeling nostalgic and took a trip down Steele Hill for the first time in at least 10 years, hoping to see the Sun Drop machine. Halfway down the road (not so creepy in the daytime) I noticed a headstone on the side of the road. Wondering who would possibly be buried there in the middle of absolute nowhere, I turned around and checked it out. Buried there is the founder of Belk. :wacko:

I think I've covered Carolina culture well here. Nascar, a gun store, Sun Drop, Belk...check. Some Beech Nut would've completed the stereotype.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I think I've covered Carolina culture well here. Nascar, a gun store, Sun Drop, Belk...

You forgot Cheerwine. How could you forget Cheerwine? But I agree with you sc49erfan15, I like the old one too. I think nostalgia has a lot to do with it, but the new one feels a bit cheap, trendy and impersonal.

im not familiar with the brand but the logo is fairly nice. im not a big fan of transparency in logos, but i dont mind this one so much. i hate the tag line, but the logo seems to visually stand for what its saying. except "southern". not so sure whats southern about it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Downgrade, IMO. Again a classy looking logo goes to kiddie trendy lowercases that'll be outdated within a couple years.

Belk.jpg

That's the way a lot of Belk stores look. Pretty elegant. This logo doesn't match up.

I think they could have kept the past logo and just modified it. This wont look the same from blocks away like the old lit up Belk logo did. This will just blend in with everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Downgrade, IMO. Again a classy looking logo goes to kiddie trendy lowercases that'll be outdated within a couple years.

Belk.jpg

That's the way a lot of Belk stores look. Pretty elegant. This logo doesn't match up.

I think they could have kept the past logo and just modified it. This wont look the same from blocks away like the old lit up Belk logo did. This will just blend in with everything else.

Holy crap thats the nicest Belk Ive ever seen, most of the time when i see one, its rundown and in some deadbeat area, that happens to have a good size shopping center.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Didn't really see anybody freaking out there, myself...

Stop freaking out about not freaking out about people freaking out, man :P

Belk.jpg

Does it bother anyone else that that store is not centered up with the walkway? What was the architect trying to accomplish by that if it was indeed intentional?

Archived