2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

I saw this Lakers season coming a mile away they are bored. They will make the finals and they will win their third straight title. Its the regular season what you saw tonight is what the Lakers are they are capable of turning it on when they want and come April it will be go time. I despise the Lakers, but that is what they are they are a great team and they are tough to beat.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going down in flames sounds cooler from the Hollywood perspective, but if you ain't gonna win a championship, why stick around in a situation that is increasingly bad?

Because they could have at least have anticipated his departure better and it would have been on better and more appropriate terms. If he had announced that he was leaving at the end of the season, the organization could have come up with a better way to honor him. If you were one of the longest-tenured and most respected members of your field, how would you rather leave your job: After heated publicized argument with someone you work with, or a ride off into the sunset?

And what I'm saying is that regardless of this "argument" that was happening, the team was still playing pretty well, as usual. I would be pretty pleased if my team was 31-23 in the Western Conference.

I'm not blaming him for leaving at all, he knows what he's doing and he obviously made the choice he thought was best. Things must have been pretty :censored:ed up behind the scenes for him to leave the way he did.

The problem is lame duck coaches rarely are successful coaches. Deron Williams wasn't listening to him NOW less than a week after Sloan's extension went public. What in the blue blazes makes you think Williams is going to buy in to the program when he knows its going out the door come June? In many fields, the retirement tour is a great idea. Coaching on the professional level is not one of those fields. Better the abrupt thunderclap than the slow lurching goodbye.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They're probably going to flip Omer Asik for Courtney Lee so that the Bulls have a real shooting guard again and the Rockets have a center who isn't like 6'4". That should pretty much banish Bogans to the land of wind and ghosts. Maybe flip him for a replacement-level center that won't be needed once Noah is back and Thomas is the backup.

Ugh, I love Asik, he has so much untapped offensive potential. Lee is serviceable, but i was hoping for an Afflalo/OJ Mayo guard that can handle a legitimate workload. Is there any legitimacy to this rumor?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02zXy54p7UA

That is one of the best plays I've ever seen, Wade just completely took over and capped it in credible fashion. He wentup to celebrate with the crowd on the scorers table, and turns around to reveala the "EL HEAT" jersey. Kiiiiiiiinda ruined the moment.

Well...since we're taking a stroll down the Dwyane Wade Pwnage Lane, I figured I'd bring this one back from the annals of time:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, a day after Jerry left, it's still hard to believe that he's done. However, I'm not pointing any fingers--yet--at Deron Williams, as he's said publicly that he didn't push Sloan out. He admitted to arguing with Sloan during Wednesday's game, but, remember this is Jerry Sloan we're talking about...a coach that often got into arguments with his players over the 23 years of his tenure and took no BS from them. It seems as though what they both said were the same thing.

Add to that a statement that he [sloan] could retire any day, whenever he's lost his drive or feels as though he's not a benefit to the team anymore, and it seems that he (and Phil Johnson) left when they felt that it was time to go. Of course, the ideal situation is that Phil Johnson would've taken over for the remainder of the year had Jerry stepped down prematurely, and I don't know what the whole situation is with that, but Sloan and Williams have said very similar things about the situation.

It looks more and more like Deron Williams didn't issue a "Me or him" ultimatum, like some outlets have reported, and yes, it still sucks that Jerry left in this manner, but I don't think Williams pushed him out--it seems more like that Jerry just felt it was time to go. Of course, ownership and management might have done the pushing; it could have been a knee-jerk reaction due to inexperience (ala the Ronnie Brewer trade to Memphis for virtually nothing) or Greg Miller was right in saying that he didn't push Sloan out, either. Of course, this is just my opinion, but only time will tell whether I'm right when I say this or not.

Either way, it's been done and I hope the best for Ty Corbin in coaching the Jazz; apparently he hasn't been given an interim tag, so the Millers plan on keeping him as coach for a while. I'm also hoping for the best for the team itself as well as the players, including Deron, but we'll have to see how it all unfolds.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I was really nervous about this game, and I was right - this is just like the Nets game last year. Considering that even a twenty-point lead at halftime isn't safe for the Clippers, being down at the half is catastrophic. Sadly, we're probably going to lose to the Cavs tonight.

EDIT: And right after I post that, Griffin puts us ahead at the half in the last second. My point still stands about no halftime lead being safe with this team, though.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

We're all Clippers fans tonight, which we might as well be every night with the volume of Clippers discussion here.

I dunno, I kind of want to see the Cavs win just to see what LightsOut would do.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What do you mean? I've been a Clippers fan all my life, I'm used to embarrassing losses.

I dunno...speaking from my own experience with the Rams, there are embarrassing losses and there are EMBARRASSING losses. I don't know about you, but I think this would fall in the latter category.

Today, we are all otaku.

Overtime.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived