Kansas City Command (Brigade)

Ez Street

Well, the Kansas City Brigade of the Arena Football League are now the Kansas City Command, thanks to an ill-conceived contest run by the organization.

They wanted to keep the colors and logo, but wanted fans to come up with a new nickname.

Command won out, now here is the "new" logo.....GAG.

1414991-0-0-1.jpg

This new AFL is getting more NIFLly by the day.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I wouldn't count on that just yet IMO.

Anyhoo, great to see the KC team back in the Arena League. Though I hoped they would've gone with "Commandos" or even kept the "Brigade" name.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Not a big fan of the "Command" nickname, but it does make more sense than "Brigade" when paired with an aircraft logo. The term "brigade" usually refers to a ground army unit. I'd be surprised if the Air Force even uses that term at all.

"Commandos", mind you, would have had the same problem.

CCSLC signature.png

I wouldn't count on that just yet IMO.

Anyhoo, great to see the KC team back in the Arena League. Though I hoped they would've gone with "Commandos" or even kept the "Brigade" name.

I may be a unique case, but the word "commando" no longer means military personnel to me. Going commando means to go without underwear, which is why I very carefully suggested Commanders instead. Icky.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived