My Personal Hockey League

knnhrvy16

Hey guys thanks for the comments and critique, they are much appreciated! Keep them coming! :)

I just wanted to quickly update you all on the progress of the series. Grand Junction is halfway done, I just have two more uniform sets to finish. However, it is going really slow because it is midterm week here at USU, and I'm up to my eyeballs in studies :P Not to mention, Grand Junction is far and away the hardest team in the series so far in my mind. But, I'll do what I can, and depending on time and how far I get with my studies tonight, I may be able to post it tonight, if not tommorrow. Stay tuned, and if you have anything else on any of the teams, or even the February Classic logo (which I'd actually really like to hear about), please feel free to tell me in the meantime.

Regarding vectorizing the older logos, I am certainly planning on doing so eventually, so I'll update those when I can!

Thanks again for your support and viewing! :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Grand Junction Rivermen

Grand Junction, Colorado

Named for nearby Colorado River

Alright, I present to you what I consider to be the TOUGHEST concept of the series so far. Tough because everything about the identity - logos, colors, uniforms, etc. - gave me headaches trying to figure out.

I had numerous ideas in my head, including an Anchor, a boat, a ship captain, and even a fisher. Finally, I thought of "Rivermen" in a literal sence. I decided to scrap all my other ideas, and make an identity of river rapids forming the shape of a man:

PHL_Grand_Junction_primary_vectorized_free.png

The secondary logo is just the state of Colorado, with a star over Grand Junction's location, and a "GJ" - the tail of the J being a rapid - with the end of the tail pointing towards the star:

PHL_Grand_Junction_secondary_vectorized_free.png

The uniforms were the toughest. Even now, I feel like I'm not executing very well, but I guess that's what this forum is for, right? :) The theme was obivious, as seen all over the uniforms. The alternate was tough, as I had three or four different ideas to tackle and choose from on that alone. Finally I settled with a classic looking jersey, but with the sleeve and torso stripes being wavy rather than straight, to keep in line with the rapid theme.

PHLGrandJunctionhome.png

PHLGrandJunctionaway.png

PHLGrandJunctionalternate.png

Thoughts?

Logan should be next, it may be a day but I'll work on it!

Thanks for viewing!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This is cool, interesting idea. I would suggest maybe trying the rapids as a bottom stripe. It would help to fill some of the empty space.

You know, I was really thinking about doing it. I didn't in the end because I thought with the rapids on the shorts that it'd be too much, but I'll try to toy with it again and see how it looks. Thanks for the suggestion!

Any other comments from anyone?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Your primary logo looks great.

However, your alternate 'GJ' mark reads as 'GI' to me.

The #1 criticism I'd have for this is the template you're using. It looks cool, but I don't think it is a good one to use as the be-all and end-all of showing us the uniform. A traditional flat view might better display your work, especially in regards to the waves on the sleeves, and the stripes going around the shoulders.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The #1 criticism I'd have for this is the template you're using. It looks cool, but I don't think it is a good one to use as the be-all and end-all of showing us the uniform. A traditional flat view might better display your work, especially in regards to the waves on the sleeves, and the stripes going around the shoulders.

Thanks for commenting on the template, as I actually having been mulling over whether to ditch it or not. I have the flat view template actually, but I started the series with my template without thinking. I'm glad to get an opinion on it, thanks for telling me! I think I will change, because I completely get what you're saying.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Thanks for commenting on the template, as I actually having been mulling over whether to ditch it or not. I have the flat view template actually, but I started the series with my template without thinking. I'm glad to get an opinion on it, thanks for telling me! I think I will change, because I completely get what you're saying.

Yeah don't get me wrong, it's a cool-looking template. If you use it, though, it may be best to use it in combination with the other one to add multiple perspectives.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I simply love the primary logo you did for the Rivermen; it looks fantastic. On the other hand, I'm not feeling the secondary logo simply because it looks like it was drawn on a sheet of paper and stuck on the jersey. I understand the relevance but of all the states where a team could use its outline as a logo, Colorado's about as boring as it gets... and it's not the first thing I think of when I see it.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

• 3 months later...

Cedar City Ironmen

Cedar City, Utah

Southern Conference

Named for rich iron deposits in area, as well Iron County, in which Cedar City is located.

First up, the Cedar City Ironmen. I wanted a color scheme of teal, black, and silver somewhere, and I figured Cedar City was just the right place. A major high school located in Cedar City, Canyon View High School, uses the same scheme and I figured that as silver and black were great for an iron themed team, teal would accent well. The biggest challenge however, was the logo package. I had numerous ideas that just were not working, including a sheet metal wordmark.

Then I got to thinking about Cedar City iteself - Cedar City is regarded is the theatrical capital of Utah, as it is home to such events as the Utah Shakespearean Festival and the Neil Simon Theatre Festival. I got to thinking, how could I somehow tie "iron" with "theatrical"? Then, the lightbulb went off - The Man in The Iron Mask. The famous Alexandre Dumas play and movie gave me inspiration, and I decided to make a primary logo out of an iron goalie mask. It is not based specifically on the mask in the movie, but rather my own creation. The mask is meat to be a little rigid in some places, as it is after all, an old iron mask.

PHLCedarCityprimary.png

The secondary is very simple, two interlocking iron "C"'s:

PHLCedarCitysecondary.png

The uniforms were pretty fun, and I really enjoyed how they turned out, especially the alternate:

PHLCedarCityhome.png

PHLCedarCityaway.png

PHLCedarCityalternate.png

Alright, what do you guys think?

Durango is up next, I may be able to finish them as well as a few others tonight, so be on the watch for new updates!

Thanks for viewing!

Personally, while the logos are great, the uniforms just seem boring. That is to say, it looks like you took the logo, and just slapped it on the shirt (no offense. I do not mean to belittle your work). Some striping or another graphic might help, although I'm not sure where.

& people, please don't beat up on me for being so critical in my first post. I just joined, but I've been actively reading the concept forums for over a year now.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Archived